What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are you listening to? II

moose eater

here you go moose...late 60's

Thanks.

Levon looks about as young as I've ever seen him, and Rick Danko still reflects his warm and child-like demeanor in his affect.

Richard Manuel looks lively, long before his premature demise.

Harmonicas George and Goin' South/Headin' South used to play that at the Copper King Bar/Tavern in Whitehorse Yukon Territory, up above Whitehorse, on the Alaska Hwy/Alcan, about 1978.

I've got it on several Lp's, tapes and CDs, including on The Band, 'Live at Watkins Glenn', where they played live, outdoors, with The Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers Band.

A Canajun friend was there at the show at Watkins Glenn, having driven down from Ontario. They had a buddy's coat in the vehicle from the night before, and unbeknownst to them, the absent friend's coat had a 1/4-lb. of ganja in it, and they unknowingly drove through Customs (US and Canada) going and coming, and never got 'had.'

I live very near an actual 'Cripple Creek' today, by the way.

Nice post.

OST63

Tad different and hope acceptable to the folk here.
This is Jimmie Vaughan doing a straight up, no backup at park in South Dallas. As you well know, his brother was Stevie Ray Vaughan, hard living, full burn sort of fellow.

pjlive

Tad different and hope acceptable to the folk here.
This is Jimmie Vaughan doing a straight up, no backup at park in South Dallas. As you well know, his brother was Stevie Ray Vaughan, hard living, full burn sort of fellow.

Nice to see Jimmie out there doin' his thang. In my opinion he has always been a very underrated studio guitarist. Way back when I was standing about 12 feet away from him and watched him do a practice routine he called "The Crawl" better than his brother. That was during his Fab T-Birds days, tho.

OST63

Nice to see Jimmie out there doin' his thang. In my opinion he has always been a very underrated studio guitarist. Way back when I was standing about 12 feet away from him and watched him do a practice routine he called "The Crawl" better than his brother. That was during his Fab T-Birds days, tho.
Another underrated IMO musician is Robert Randolph. Will see if can find and post link.