What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

moose eater

Pasta salad from last night, but not the typical pasta salad.

Rotini pasta made from chick pea flour, diced fried pork loin chop, diced fried extra-firm tofu, diced hard-boiled egg, uncooked frozen organic green peas, chopped celery, chopped red onion, mayonnaise, spicy brown mustard, a bit of hot pepper sauce. Maybe another item I'm not recalling at the moment.

Unconventional? Yes. We are often unconventional in some ways, ourselves.

Tasty? Pretty darned amazingly tasty.

I'd asked my wife not to try sliding me any more carb-toxic food after too many years of her knowing I require lower carb food. Sometimes breaking old habits is difficult. But there it is. A tasty substitute pasta salad.

Last edited:

Green Squall

@moose eater What brand chickpea pasta did you use? If its Banza, I've found the Rotini holds up well when cooking, but when I cooked the Penne, it fell apart. Barilla is good too...It has less of an authentic pasta texture, although its more pure with no other ingredients besides chickpeas.

moose eater

@moose eater What brand chickpea pasta did you use? If its Banza, I've found the Rotini holds up well when cooking, but when I cooked the Penne, it fell apart. Barilla is good too...It has less of an authentic pasta texture, although its more pure with no other ingredients besides chickpeas.
It was Banza.

We've had varying results with other sources of similar products.

The carbs are still a bit high, but that's clipped a bit by adding all the other stuff.

Chick peas, in general, are one item that is given credit for the lower rates of heart disease and other disorders in Spain, Portugal, etc.

Though refined chick peas are way different than freshly perpared chick peas like we make hummus with. (or that we sometimes put in salads, too).

moose eater

I don't know how I forgot that ingredient I couldn't recall in the pasta salad; it was the uncured maple sugar bacon, sliced into pieces, fried and added. Gave the pasta salad a very nice touch. How could I forget THAT bit?

It also included coarsely chopped organic button-top mushrooms, raw.

I'm forgetting key items. This isn't a good sign.

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
420giveaway
My Red Breakfast ❤️‍🔥

20221206_081003-01.jpeg

20221206_080734-01.jpeg

Cuddles

an apple followed by a banana shake for breakfast.

right now I´m making some potatoes to go with my big salad, plus cevapcici in sauce :) (homemade of course)

Cuddles

they have strawberry milk here, to complete the color ensemble...:smoke:
same here, though I prefer making actual shakes with the actual fruits. Shakes are a great way to make use of fruitswhich have sort of gone a little funny, too soft etc.
My fave however is the ones I make with mixed frozen berries (from the supermarket) and made with vanilla soy milk - delicious! you think that you´re drinking a desert :yummy:
:yummy:

Hasch

420giveaway
I love my whole wheat toast (done just right, not to dark pls) with butter and honey / jam. Along with Sencha tee.
😁

Guten Appetit!

Holeshot51

vegan tacos; veggie meat crumbles, onion, jalapeno, black beans, chickpea cheese
OMG my favourite food of all time. But I haven’t made the chickpea cheese. Only cashew. Sounds great.
Also seen a great alternative to avo using peas and cashews or chick peas. I also use lentils instead of the soy mince

Latest posts

Latest posts