What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Sunshineinabag

Cultured veggies

Attachments

• IMG_20201130_144902.jpg
    IMG_20201130_144902.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21

armedoldhippy

Veteran
baked a lb of bacon in the oven & fried 4 eggs over easy in butter. washed it down with chocolate milk & a small joint for dessert.:yay:

rod58

i had a crumbed fillet of pink snapper for breakfast . i found a satchet of crumb at the local asian supermarket called "crispy fry" . made by Ajinimoto in the philipines . now i use it on near everything .

armedoldhippy

Veteran
chunks of a crock-pot cooked roast beef with peppers/juice & salad dressing mix and au jus poured over it yesterday when interred. falling apart tender...i can't STAND it sitting in there, calling my name...:jump:

Green Squall

Today I picked up some handmade pasta along with sauce, imported olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette and olives. I'll be eaten good for a while :yes:

Green Squall

wait...you can make cheese out of cauliflower?

Obviously not as good as the real thing, but its surprisingly tasty as a substitute for people who don't eat dairy. There are lots of different recipes online, but I think the main ingredients are cauliflower, nutritional yeast, cashews, plant milk and whatever other flavors you want to add.

superx

Veteran
My kids get me to make them cauliflower cheese at least once a week, the same cheese sauce gets used for pasta.

Spinach omelette with bacon and mushroom is what I am scoffing into me at the moment.

Cuddles

My kids get me to make them cauliflower cheese at least once a week, the same cheese sauce gets used for pasta.
hi superx, do you mean the british version? care to share your recipe because it never occured to me to put this sauce on pasta. least not the way I make it

I really do think that we need an official recipe thread :woohoo:

superx

Veteran
hi superx, do you mean the british version? care to share your recipe because it never occured to me to put this sauce on pasta. least not the way I make it

I really do think that we need an official recipe thread :woohoo:

Hey no problem,

I always start by making a Roux, wich is just butter and plain flour.

Melt the butter on a hob gently whisking over moderate heat for a minute or so then add the flour and carry on whisking, your really just cooking out the taste of the flour at this stage so 2-3min is fine
I don't season as the butter has added salt.

This is simply the base thickner, you can simply add the desired amount of milk into your Roux at this stage making sure to whisk until the milk comes to a soft simmer. Its at this stage you add your cheese, I usually add four types of cheese.
I prefer to use a wooding spoon for stiring the cheese as the whisk might separate it.

Reduce heat and sauce will be ready in minutes .
The sauce should have a nice silky sheen to it when it trickles of the back of the wooding spoon..

I use to cheat by adding the cheese directly to the milk, but the little shits won't tolerate that anymore.

Cuddles

Hey no problem,

I always start by making a Roux, wich is just butter and plain flour.

Melt the butter on a hob gently whisking over moderate heat for a minute or so then add the flour and carry on whisking, your really just cooking out the taste of the flour at this stage so 2-3min is fine
I don't season as the butter has added salt.

This is simply the base thickner, you can simply add the desired amount of milk into your Roux at this stage making sure to whisk until the milk comes to a soft simmer. Its at this stage you add your cheese, I usually add four types of cheese.
I prefer to use a wooding spoon for stiring the cheese as the whisk might separate it.

Reduce heat and sauce will be ready in minutes .
The sauce should have a nice silky sheen to it when it trickles of the back of the wooding spoon..

I use to cheat by adding the cheese directly to the milk, but the little shits won't tolerate that anymore.
that´s how I make it too :) but I only use cheddar and because it´s cauliflower, I usually add a little nutmeg too.
what cheeses do you use?

Latest posts

Latest posts