What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Sunshineinabag

Lol bit of lobstah.... venison........duck......beans,squash and corn
Orig Thanksgiving dinner....wamponog people were phenomenal fisherman/whalers

Green Squall

Looks great GS! I like that added touch of cucumber.i assume you chopped it by hand? I didn't used to like cilantro but now I like it for some reason.

The one that I was buying pre-made at the grocery store has cucumber in it, so I thought why the hell not! And yeah, I chopped it by hand. Next time I'll add more jalapeno. I'm barely even registering any heat.

G

Marinated artichoke hearts, snack-size version of Bavarian Meats' landjaeger sausages, stir-fried organic cabbage, zucchini squash, red bell sweet peppers, broccoli, sweet onions, our organic Scarlet Nantes carrots from this last summer's harvest, jalapeno peppers, and sprouts, along with garlic, 5-spice, yellow mustard powder, and ????

armedoldhippy

Veteran
chicken wings and a big slice of pumpkin pie. my wife got them out of the oven & said "dang, one of the crusts burned. you can go ahead & start on that one if you want..." i aint telling her that one of them was a graham cracker crust that i poured the extra filling into. "waste not, want not" :D

shithawk420

Veteran
I've found a little bit of brow sweat whilest eating is good juju

What do you mean? Like eating spicy food that makes your eyebrows sweat? Yeah that's good juju for the toilet God's cause man, maybe I was eating too much spicy food but I think you get the point don't need to get into detail lol I'll never eat curry again

Green Squall

Inspired by copious amounts of Rhode Islands most famous beverage, Narragansett Lager, a vaporizer, half a joint and my annoying, yet loving aunt talking my ear off all day about mundane things, I've whipped together a crude form of potato cake that's sure to please anyone who's lucky enough to come across them. After steaming 5 potatoes and two sweet potatoes, I've mashed them until smooth and added a whole avocado, flax seed meal (binder), cilantro, salt, garlic powder and love. Let cool, form into patties and bake at 350 degrees until a golden crust forms.

G

Inspired by copious amounts of Rhode Islands most famous beverage, Narragansett Lager, a vaporizer, half a joint and my annoying, yet loving aunt talking my ear off all day about mundane things, I've whipped together a crude form of potato cake that's sure to please anyone who's lucky enough to come across them. After steaming 5 potatoes and two sweet potatoes, I've mashed them until smooth and added a whole avocado, flax seed meal (binder), cilantro, salt, garlic powder and love. Let cool, form into patties and bake at 350 degrees until a golden crust forms.

We've sometimes taken left-over deluxe mashed spuds (made with slight amount of mayonnaise, spicy brown mustard, garlic, granulated onion, sea salt, black pepper, dash of yellow mustard powder, and ???), shaped them into patties about 1/2" to 5/8" thick, and maybe 4"+ in diameter, then dredge them in seasoned flour, and fry in piping hot oil or butter of your choice, until they are a crispy golden brown on both sides.

Ate those on occasion as a kid, and somewhat more rarely, as an adult. Rich, high carb use of left over mashed potatoes... Mmmmm.
-------------------------------
Just had minor servings of the standard holiday meal; had a 16+ lb. turkey I bought last year, frozen, after the holiday festivities for about (if I recall correctly) .25 cents or .30 cents/lb.; maybe less.

Had left-over stir-fried organic veggies (instead of steaming the Brussels sprouts I'd picked up; have them later, I guess), mashed potatoes (left over from my wife making her standard Norwegian lefse). Lowered salt turkey and giblet gravy, and ONE tiny bite of homemade apple pie.

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
what, ask this question on Thanksgiving? lol. the usual, big bird with dressing & gravy, mashed taters AND sweet tater casserole ( with marshmallows melted on top), killer green beans, yeast rolls and too dang many helpings of pumpkin pie. 5 or 6 of the items served, i am "not" allowed to eat due to diabetes. self control? WTF is THAT? :D

troutman

Seed Whore
Boiling some red potatoes cut into bite sized cubes for faster cooking. :)

Soon to be devoured with butter and pepper. :biggrin:

G

Small pile of left-over mashed Nicola potatoes from our summer's garden, with some turkey gravy over them. Lime seltzer water. 2 marinated artichoke hearts. A nibble of turkey dark meat.

Latest posts

Latest posts