What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Are You Eating Right Now!!!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Pasta with homemade bolognese sauce by Mitsu. :giggle:

20221209_143659-01.jpeg
20221209_143715-01.jpeg
20221209_144114-01.jpeg

Hermanthegerman

Veteran
Who knows, maybe today is international spaghetti bolognese day?

We just had, what we call salami noodles, a salami sausage in little quaters, bit paprika, a quick made meal. While cooking, my wife was running between living room and kitchen, it was the time of the penalties shots from Brasil and Croatia. :)

318621866_6396861543692429_3736756862734682775_n.jpg

Last edited:

Cuddles

Hey, cool! I I was not sure for which team I shall cheer? It had been time for a sucsess for Brasil again, but Kroatia was the underdog, in theory? In some minutes Argentina vs. Netherlands. :)

You guys have all been following the cup, wow :)
I think it´s soo weird that the world cup is happening during winter instead of the summer time! I don´t feel the football vibe at all!
Really sad about Germany dropping out!!! Mind you, they´ve had a good innings these past couple of decades - 2 at least!!!! (y)

And I´ve been so-not-with-it that I haven´t watchd a single game. MInd you, I rarely bother until the quarter and half final, lol :)
If England is still in the running (are they?) I really hope they make it to the final, at the least.
Although, somehow... that would mean giving the leave-voters too much fodder... oh dear :eek:

Oh btw, as for food, I´m gonna be preparing and cooking some red cabbage tomorrow - all fresh and from scratch of course ! :D

(y)(y):D

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hey, cool! I I was not sure for which team I shall cheer? It had been time for a sucsess for Brasil again, but Kroatia was the underdog, in theory? In some minutes Argentina vs. Netherlands. :)
i tried to watch Brazil vs Croatia today, but that channel was unwatchable! i wouldn't be surprised to read about viewers having seizures triggered by the screen glitches...

moose eater

Now I'm cleaning the guts with Tom Kha...

View attachment 18789382
We finally found a REALLY good restaurant that advertises 'Asian Fusion Cuisine' in Fairbanks.

My wife has been on a pad Thai tour, seeing whose is most tasty and with better ingredients. I have been trying a variety, but from them I had their (yellow) Thai curry chicken with a nice array of healthy veggies.

My tour of sampling lately has been with battered or crusted fried calamari, and their's was among the best I've had here. The calamari came with a mango sauce. Not too sweet, either. Good stuff.

---------------------
Just had roasted almonds with sea salt. A post-breakfast snack, before making a rueben sandwich for lunch in a bit, with homemade coleslaw.

Last edited:

moose eater

One egg, over easy, on thin-sliced sprouted whole grain and seeds bread (Alvarado St. Bakery; standard fare here.

Later on will be homemade pizza, with mozzarella cheese, homemade red sauce, fresh organic baby spinach, plant-based spicy sausage (Impossible brand), fresh thick-sliced organic mushrooms, sliced sweet onion, goat cheese, parmasan cheese, and jalapeno peppers. And some sliced black olives.

Gotta' clean off the trailers and blow the snow in the driveway and parking and turn-around areas in order to pick up the plant-based sausage, jalapenos, and olives in town, as well as a couple washers/bushings for the new auger height adjustment step on the snowblower.

Seems everything is dominoes; this has to happen before that can happen. Snow removal ends in pizza construction.. From there?

moose eater

how about some of the chocolate biscuits I´m making right now :)
As long as they're lower glycemic index stuff; coconut flour to cut any wheat flour, and at the most, maple syrup or maple sugar for sweetener, or pehaps Erythrotol (spelling?), etc by way of Stevia or monk fruit extract blends.

I still eat some sweets, but am cautious about the source and construction. Another point in things being made at home often being much healthier AND much safer.

Cuddles

As long as they're lower glycemic index stuff; coconut flour to cut any wheat flour, and at the most, maple syrup or maple sugar for sweetener, or pehaps Erythrotol (spelling?), etc by way of Stevia or monk fruit extract blends.

I still eat some sweets, but am cautious about the source and construction. Another point in things being made at home often being much healthier AND much safer.
They´re made with 100 g flour but no wheat , mostly oats and very little sugar, plus bitter chocolate.
The recipes I have read usually say 190 g of sugar - thas almost the same amount of flour they use !
I make my own because the´re much healthier, as well as cheaper. and I never gain weight from these either :D

moose eater

They´re made with 100 g flour but no wheat , mostly oats and very little sugar, plus bitter chocolate.
The recipes I have read usually say 190 g of sugar - thas almost the same amount of flour they use !
I make my own because the´re much healthier, as well as cheaper. and I never gain weight from these either :D
Surprisingly (to me), Medscape just published a study showing beans (whole dry type) and potatoes (OF ALL THINGS!!) lowered A1C and body weight/BMI.

Gotta' love my Irish farmer ancestors that much more now!! Wondered why I was doing more or less OK eating home-fried spuds/hash-browned spuds this last Fall/Summer.

The coconut flour works well, but I've found it has to be cut with something else (often times organic whole wheat pastry flour) if you don't want to impart too much coconut flavor/essence.

We used almond flour for a while, very briefly, but I found it to be too grainy in texture, to the point (and this may sound weird) it seemed like the texture took on a whole new dimension in the way of flavor, even. Turned me right off, though who knows? Maybe there's a dish it works well with that we haven't tried yet.