What's new

What are these plant worms?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I found one the other day in my veg tent (which is currently flowering round 2), and spryed with "Purecrop1". This AM I see two more of these, each is on top of a flower standing up. The one I had the other day would stand up on my finger. They change color, so these match the flower color, while the one I found was bright green from the leaves. About 5/8 to 3/4 inch long.

I sprayed with the Purecrop1 again, and if I see another will nuke the tent with a foliar spray of "Greenclean".

What are they, where do they come from?

DSC00657.JPG
DSC00658.JPG

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Thanks. That moth is common here. This must be a result of the plants vegging out in the sun. i sprayed them pretty well when I brought them back in, so maybe I missed a spot, or the spray is not effective.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Moving plants from Outside to Inside.......

Remember what I said? Recipe for Disaster bugwise.

If you see Cabbage Loopers, you can assume your plants are host to other Pests. Do not wait until you see them.

Good Luck

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I suspect these move under the cover of darkness. I found these two on the very tops of the HOG plant, reaching skyward. That is three now, in several days. Not exactly an infestation. I will be ready in the AM with the tweezers when the lights first come on. Since these are larvae, they are not making eggs, yet.

I'll look into getting some BT Kurski (like the Russian sub that took out the whole crew).

shithawk420

Veteran
that looks like a corn worm but green.corn worms are orange.they live in corn stalks.
ive accidently smoked them cause i didnt clean the weed good.not good.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Those are the stoopitist bugs ever. Crawl to the tippy top and stand straight up to be seen and plucked.

None this morning, and no signs of leafs being eaten.

shithawk420

Veteran
They can burrow inside your buds and leave stuff that looks like silk.they are a pain in the ass

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
If they crawl inside your buds they will drop their shit inside your buds and that can lead to bud rot. Hopefully you've got them all.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
These plants have just started flowering. I'll keep an eye out for more of them. I am also ordering some DT that is labeled for them, just in case.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
DT?, Do you mean BT, Bacillus thuringiensis. That stuff really works on all types of caterpillars. They only need to take one bite and the bacteria immediately stop them being able to digest and they die without eating any more. It's very cheap and a small bottle will last you quite sometime.

Latest posts

Latest posts