What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WHAT ARE PRICES DOING IN CALIFORNIA?

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is your opinion on the top end material in dispensaries pricewise? Up, down, all around town? Inquiring minds would like to know
confused-smiley-013.gif

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am in the Coachella Valley and the pot runs from $20 to $80 an eighth. I find the $20 stuff to be way better (Almora, High Supply are both OK). All of it pretty much sux and tastes like straw because none of the dispensary pot is cured. And, because of the lack of cure and the storage in jars and bags of Oxygen, much of the THC has converted to CBN so the buzz is...DUH DUH for a couple hours and then fall asleep. Plus, most of it (especially sale items) is "cracker" dry. I always put any pot I bought at the dispensaries into a jar with a Boveda for a few days so I could grind it and roll a joint.

The $80 stuff is no better. In fact, it's worse. The price is dictated by smell and THC content. If it smells strong and is $80 an eighth, it tastes like it is soaked in terps and burns your throat. And, breeding a strain with a 30%+ THC (if it's even true) is like adding 20 cups of sugar to a cake recipe. Cannabis is a balance like a cake recipe and it's perfect when the balance is correct. Running THC levels up that high is like adding 20 cups of sugar to the cake recipe.... you didn't make it better, guys. It tastes like shit. LOL Plus, all that extra THC is just more CBN after degradation.

Kind of a harsh opinion, I know. But, I was VERY disappointed with the pot when I moved here. I have since grown my own and everyone I smoke it with agrees the buzz is a "high", not a "DUH". Even the level 7 grower I smoked with was amazed (and puzzled).

YMMV, JMO

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
every time i visit san diego i get weed... sometimes its delivered to the hotel, and a couple of times i have gone with a friend to a dispensary..... and not once have i had a WOW moment ... the weed is ok, but who wants ok.... i can get all the ok i want here in ny.... very disappointing...

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
I am in the Coachella Valley and the pot runs from $20 to $80 an eighth. I find the $20 stuff to be way better (Almora, High Supply are both OK). All of it pretty much sux and tastes like straw because none of the dispensary pot is cured. And, because of the lack of cure and the storage in jars and bags of Oxygen, much of the THC has converted to CBN so the buzz is...DUH DUH for a couple hours and then fall asleep. Plus, most of it (especially sale items) is "cracker" dry. I always put any pot I bought at the dispensaries into a jar with a Boveda for a few days so I could grind it and roll a joint.

The $80 stuff is no better. In fact, it's worse. The price is dictated by smell and THC content. If it smells strong and is $80 an eighth, it tastes like it is soaked in terps and burns your throat. And, breeding a strain with a 30%+ THC (if it's even true) is like adding 20 cups of sugar to a cake recipe. Cannabis is a balance like a cake recipe and it's perfect when the balance is correct. Running THC levels up that high is like adding 20 cups of sugar to the cake recipe.... you didn't make it better, guys. It tastes like shit. LOL Plus, all that extra THC is just more CBN after degradation.

Kind of a harsh opinion, I know. But, I was VERY disappointed with the pot when I moved here. I have since grown my own and everyone I smoke it with agrees the buzz is a "high", not a "DUH". Even the level 7 grower I smoked with was amazed (and puzzled).

YMMV, JMO

Expensive. Up here, you can buy an oz. at a retail store for $100.00.

The flipside is that it will taste like hay and leave you for wanting more.

Even top quality black market weed now sells for $100.00 / oz.

RMS

:smoweed:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Expensive. Up here, you can buy an oz. at a retail store for $100.00.

The flipside is that it will taste like hay and leave you for wanting more.

Even top quality black market weed now sells for $100.00 / oz.

RMS

:smoweed:
I have seen it that cheap ($100 oz) when it's on sale. 20% off every Sunday at Royal Highness. LOL

Why in the world would ANYONE buy pot from a dispensary anyway? After smoking that shit for one month, I bought 3 ditchweed (auto LOL) seeds, tossed them into $20 worth of Happy Frog and $20 in planters. Bought a cheapo $79 Spider Farmer LED and in 10 weeks I had almost 12 ounces of pot. Albeit, by my standards it's shit pot. But for the few dollars and minimal time and effort it's 10 fold better than anything in a dispensary........ I don't know. I just don't understand. For the price of a couple ounces, you can have so much more.

I was at Sullivan's up on El Paseo (rich rich rich motherfuckersville) at the bar, talking to a stranger about his watch and asked him if he wanted to smoke a joint. We went outside and he was showing me his Bentley. He was wearing a Patek Philippe watch. Fucker was obviously a zillionaire. Actually a pretty down to earth, nice guy. Anyway, when we finished the joint, he said he never smoked anything like that and he really liked the high. He asked me where I got it and if there was more for sale. I told him he could have some for $300 an eighth. Without a moment's hesitation, he said, "OK".

I am too old to go to jail and I have absolutely no desire to become a drug dealer AGAIN.... LOL But, wow, I like easy money. And, I want a Bentley. LOL

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
isn't there a bunch of Bentleys sitting just offshore in a container ship that are available first come/first served? :bigeye:

Reactions: Gry

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I don't know about that, but there are a zillion of them around here. Bentley's, Roll's, Ferrari's. The poor people drive the Porsche's and Lexus's.

At any particular time, I can sit at a stop light and be next to 2 or 3 million dollars in cars. I have never seen so fucking many rich white people in one place before.

Every one of them wanting to buy my pot for $300 an eighth. LOL I wonder how many eighths I need to sell to buy a Bentley. LOL

Ringodoggie

Premium user
With the laws and fees being state driven (except for local taxes) are the prices and quality about the same throughout California? Curious if it a local thing or dispensary MO in general.

I don't want to completely poo poo the dispensary thing. When I arrived I brought very little with me and I am a marijuana addict so I needed it right now. It was awesome to walk into a dispensary and buy it like that. I was thrilled at first and would go to all the different dispensaries and talk shit and tell stories about smuggling pot in the 70's and shit. LOL One thing that really surprised me.... I have not found a single person in any dispensary who knew who Sam the Skunkman or Neville was. Not one single person. I tell them stories about Sam's breeding days and WHY they have hybrids to sell. They have no idea of their roots. I explain to them that without Sam and the few others, this dispensary would be selling Mexican dirt weed. LMAO

May be we can amend the California Cannabis laws to require all dispensary personnel to complete a class in cannabis history. LMAO I could charge the disp's to give classes on Cannabis history. Wonder how many classes it will take to buy my Bentley.

PS. I want the Continental GT convertible. ALL cars should be convertibles. :)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
$80 an 1/8...lots of dumbfvcks out there, imo

here's one of em... a few years ago in sandiego i went to a disp, and purchased some 40/45 an 1/8 shit, some moonrocks, and the cute girl behind the counter said they just got this ass-kickin weed in, 80bucks an 1/8...PLUS TAX... and yes i bought it... and it was far from ass-kickin... in my defense , i was a 1st time buyer at said disp , n got 20pct off...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pricing is very stable getting it from a BM small batch grower.. It's been 200$ an oz for quality for a decade now. lbs are $1800-2200 Depending on how exclusive it is.

There is a Cali price thread in the States forum.

Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When is the harvest season ? Isn't that when the best of the best can somehow be purchased even though I haven't seen a dispensary that offers that ( does anyone? )
What is the best outdoor selling for per lb? Oz? Indoor lb costs? The top end not mediocre but really good shit man.