What's new

West Coast

Roaddog

Hello everyone!
I have been reading in the breaders forum about some 1970's seed that have been liberated from long term storage.

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=

It got me thinking.
I would like to grow some crops of old Calif./Ore. genetics.
The sweet piney kind :yummy:

I say old.
Maybe in the 70's?
I'm 46 so my point of referance starts about there.
Are the currently advertized Ca/Ore genetics comparable?

The last real grow i did was on the back 40 of an Avacado farm in San Diego County.
Ahh the memories!!!
For the life of me, I can't remember the kind it all was back then.
They were just seeds!
Ha,Ha
anyway,
Can yaall help me remember?

By the way, I'm not interested in mixing up strains here.
Pine trees are pretty all by thier selves!!

Twist

Hello roaddog I come frome SD. That were I started growing and now look at me just an old stoner.

Speaking of old time strains, check out this little nugget of legendary info.
I just pirated this from seedbay. Last pack of these beans, regrown in the 90s, is up for sale.

Here's how Ferry describes his Old School Northern Lights:

The seed-batch (60 seeds) of the motherplant, came out of a round plastic box, with "sacred seeds" on it, with a logo of a just popped seed. I got them from somebody (with a black-beard and sandals) in Holland, who brought them with him from the usa back in the mid 80's. The father-plant was a grandson of one of the mother-plants sisters.

This is original USA-NL genetics, developed in a time (mid-end 70's??), by non-commercial-breeders, with the aim to develope a strain, that made indoor growing possible. We all know that they succeed bloody well in doing that.

At least 60% of nowadays genetics is derived from or related with this original NL.

The original NL grows a big-strong main stem, with little or no side branching and has darkgreen leafs, a mostly indica type of plant. After the 4th week of flowering the coffee-mango smell will appear.The buds look like the Afgan-type and some are full with glands and christals.They can be harvested after 9 weeks, but top results are gained after 12 weeks of flowering. The old school NL, can even today be classified as one of the strongest and to your utter joy will kick your arse, without any paranoia.

Latest posts

Latest posts