What's new
  • Podcast

Our video interview between Gypsy Nirvana and Soma is now available to watch in the podcast section. Click here to check it out.

Welcoming Kangativa to the forum ...

S

shokdee

I guess you're right aussiepurp, thanks for the heads up.

Just feeling a little bit bummed at the mo. I'll feel better when the sun rises. Hope all the people affected are stronger then me. Cheers guys.

What a Bummer! Can't these guys go find the "real" bad guys and leave the peaceful grower alone? Booo, down with the messed up laws....
Thoughts and prayers go out to you all.

S

sensimilla13

The worst part of this is that his medicine was saving peoples lives who did not respond to classic therapies...I wish the people that enforce these draconian rules would have their lives touched by the healing power of Cannabis like some politicians didn't see in Washington State!

What a travesty!

Any entity that can ignore a body of evidence as blatant as the scientific literature surrounding Cannabis certainly has NO BUSINESS being in control of and entire country? We live in the fucking twilight zone!

I wish I could start mailing PDF copies of recent scientific papers that show the medical benefits of Cannabis to the people involved in his case!

Cheers,
Sensi

S

sensimilla13

How stupid is it that I can't edit yet!
I meant "like some politicians did here in WA stste"!

S

shokdee

Thanks and blessings to all of you!

And Skip, buddy, I wanted to join the GW Pharma Activism Group long-ago!

I'll track down a paper about Sativa growing...!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The propagation, characterisation & optimisation of Cannabis sativa L as a phyto-pharmaceutical

(wtf!)

A thesis submitted by
David Potter JP

MIBiol CBiol FLS CMIOSH

In fulfilment of the requirement
for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
in Pharmaceutical Sciences

Department of Pharmaceutical Science Research
King’s College London
March 2009
------------------------------------------

lies! Lies! LIES!

What is academic freedom when BIG PHARMA pays!

Parasites! PARASITES!

donb5

The worst part of this is that his medicine was saving peoples lives who did not respond to classic therapies...I wish the people that enforce these draconian rules would have their lives touched by the healing power of Cannabis like some politicians didn't see in Washington State!

What a travesty!

Any entity that can ignore a body of evidence as blatant as the scientific literature surrounding Cannabis certainly has NO BUSINESS being in control of and entire country? We live in the fucking twilight zone!

I wish I could start mailing PDF copies of recent scientific papers that show the medical benefits of Cannabis to the people involved in his case!

Cheers,
Sensi
Hey Sensi how are you. Mailing the PDFs to Judges, politicians and similar folks sounds like a very good idea. I may also do some of that. Mail might garner more attention than an electronic communication, since it's often perceived as taking more time to prepare.

BTW not wanting to detail here but I was popped three days before K at the border, recently let out on bail. Some ppl in MI are helping me, God bless 'em.

S

sensimilla13

Not all research is funded by big pharma. Work done at universities and non-profit research institutions are not slaves to corporate $! Most companies don't publish their work until they have patents in place...

For example, the work of Dr Sean MCallister and the synergistic effect of THC and CBD mediating destruction of glioma and great cancer cells while leaving the healthy cells intact...the exact opposite of chemotherapy!

Information in peer reviewed scientific literature could go a long way to opening people eyes...maybe...

Sensi

S

sensimilla13

BTW not wanting to detail here but I was popped three days before K at the border, recently let out on bail. Some ppl in MI are helping me, God bless 'em.

Donb, that is horrible news! I'm so sorry to hear that? Coming back from up north I assume? I hope what you had was minimal...border crossings back into the US are a crap shoot! I hope you are ok and that it is not a major charge!

Cheers,
Sensi

S

shokdee

Just a warning, but "peer-review" is no guarantee of anything any more! IPCC anyone!

Folks, don't forget to try seedbombs - works with ANY seeds, just bomb them away, any where!

S

sensimilla13

Just a warning, but "peer-review" is no guarantee of anything any more! IPCC anyone!

Climate research is a much bigger black box than biomedical research...thus the ease with which this occurred.

PLUS, any half wit could have seen those studies were funded...by connections to the POWER INDUSTRY!

HELLO! That's called a conflict of interest...

If one sticks to respected journals and is aware of the types of work arounds to get things published that might not pass the muster under peer review(PNAS) then one can easily pick out flawed studies. There are plenty of papers that get published that are peer reviewed that have mistakes or wrong theories based on current knowledge.

Being able to look at the paper itself (not someone's review or synopsis) is critical as one can "peer review" it themselves if they have the education.

Politics play a huge role you are right...but it's all bullshit to the people who understand the science.

It also pays to know which journals have integrity. Most do...at least in the biomedical realm...as long as the work is not from a couple countries notorious for falsifying data.

I agree it's health to be a skeptic... That's what they teach us all throughout graduate school...question all data no mater who is providing it until you're convinced yourself that they are correct or need to do more experiments to make their point.

But I do not for one second think most published research is not accurate.

Cheers,
Sensi

S

shokdee

sensimilla13 said:
Being able to look at the paper itself (not someone's review or synopsis) is critical as one can "peer review" it themselves if they have the education.
:tiphat: Classic!

Folks, don't forget to try lovebombs. Works as good as seed bombs!

donb5

Donb, that is horrible news! I'm so sorry to hear that? Coming back from up north I assume? I hope what you had was minimal...border crossings back into the US are a crap shoot! I hope you are ok and that it is not a major charge!

Cheers,
Sensi

Serious? yes and no. The felony charges of distributing hash oil I'm told carry a max. 4 yrs prison. I had nothing in the car, or on me. But before I left Mich for Canada I was gifted a small shampoo sized bottle 1/3 full of a product similar to FX's Lion Balm (was using it for a really bad burn on my hand). The County has charged me as if all of the bottle's contents were pure hash oil, and maintains it is legal for them to do that.

I'm confident I'll be fine. I'm just not going to allow these turd burritos to get me down. What doesn't kill only makes stronger.

S

sensimilla13

Wishing you the best Don...

Sensi13 great to see you around.

Hey Bob!
Good to see you too man. Apparently I'm too much of a noob to be trusted to behave myself so I've been unable to respond to the visitor message you left. Hope all is well in your world!

Does anyone know why this site is sooooo incredibly slooooow? It's very annoying to type with such a delay!

Cheers,
Sensi

Dawn

Hey Bob!
Good to see you too man. Apparently I'm too much of a noob to be trusted to behave myself so I've been unable to respond to the visitor message you left. Hope all is well in your world!

Does anyone know why this site is sooooo incredibly slooooow? It's very annoying to type with such a delay!

Cheers,
Sensi

Hey Sensi, I think when you get over 50 posts it will become more convenient. I think

S

sensimilla13

Hey D,
Yeah, I just don't have it in me to post up 50 quickies...so I'll just be patient...more of a jab at the policy...hope your summer is going well!

Cheers!

Dawn

Serious? yes and no. The felony charges of distributing hash oil I'm told carry a max. 4 yrs prison. I had nothing in the car, or on me. But before I left Mich for Canada I was gifted a small shampoo sized bottle 1/3 full of a product similar to FX's Lion Balm (was using it for a really bad burn on my hand). The County has charged me as if all of the bottle's contents were pure hash oil, and maintains it is legal for them to do that.

I'm confident I'll be fine. I'm just not going to allow these turd burritos to get me down. What doesn't kill only makes stronger.

Bummer, If you need anything hail me and I'll see what I can do.
My thoughts are with you.

donb5

Bummer, If you need anything hail me and I'll see what I can do.
My thoughts are with you.

thanks, Dawn old friend

I continue to have to get up to various phases of court hearings in Mich, 300 miles from home, but things are slowly righting themselves and now the felony Cannabis charge for distr. is a misdemeanor. But a 3.75" blade that was in a glove box that wasn't mine neither was the car mine, etc., still am fighting to have that dismissed.

Hope things are fine with you.