What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to the PTSD forum.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
If I know a Vet and I see a change in their normal behaviors there may be a need for concern. Trying to make things right in a confusing world can be daunting to someone that's missing parts of their body and is scared every day. "That's mostly the reason why RX meds are given at the VA. for PTSD"Sometimes the fear is over the smallest things, thinking they are big, and not knowing it's small. Fear can be the enemy when it gets out of control because it can change into other emotions. Staying present helps me more than anything else managing my PTSD. No meds for me and you don't have to watch me because I'm ok today and I hope you are too. . 😎

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
My journey into PTSD started in 1968. thinking I was a zero but not knowing of PTSD.. I never did heroin or extacy. Did 'have' some crack in a joint provided by an asshole that didn't tell me of the 'extra' in that joint. It led to my 'never do crack' position. BUT you name it I did the rest of them with PLENTY of alcohol. Much of the time on my Harley, going down the road oblivious to reality. I'm surprised I'm still here.

I guess I do not have an OCD personality because today, I vape weed and oil (<legally and illegally).
Having couple beers but weekly instead of hourly. I danced with the devil in Nam and lived thru the drug & alcohol years.
I try to not dwell on that part of my past. At 74, it's gym 3 times a week and golf 3 times a week (BTW, the oil vape pen is great on the golf course.) The VA.. yes doctors come and go quickly, the last 2 doctors I had for 2&1 years before they retired the next just wasn't good.:jerkit: .. There are very few 'vets' that work in the WPB VA hospital, mostly contractors that aren't in the game with vets problems..
OTOH, most services from the VA (except the revolving door of 'Primary' doctors have been good). My PTSD is tweaked by the telephone hell they put you thru when returning a call from them with no msg telling me/us what the call was about. Pain management BLOWS though.
Sorry for the rant... wait, no I'm not.:beat-dead

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
100% PTSD, I'd think one would still be 'being observed at a facility' Baker acted..
70% PTSD and the given 20% unemployability. Getting to 100%.
Any way, it's a strange malady, PTSD.. sometimes rage, some times depression.. it blows.:shark:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
To be honest, I appreciate the little monthly check I get every month from them, but that's it, I stay away from all the rest. I may be hurting my self but I think I can do better without Veterans Dr's. recommending medications I have to take for the rest of my life. If I vape weed I'm non-compliant in their view even though it's the only thing that helps. The good LORD put some medication in my hands that does the trick without all those side effects. Sometimes I get used to the weed I vape and have to change to another weed or try a couple of tries before ringing the bell. Things are good, I'm still here one day at a time.
Winners never Quit!!😎

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
To be honest, I appreciate the little monthly check I get every month from them, but that's it, I stay away from all the rest. I may be hurting my self but I think I can do better without Veterans Dr's. recommending medications I have to take for the rest of my life. If I vape weed I'm non-compliant in their view even though it's the only thing that helps. The good LORD put some medication in my hands that does the trick without all those side effects. Sometimes I get used to the weed I vape and have to change to another weed or try a couple of tries before ringing the bell. Things are good, I'm still here one day at a time.
Winners never Quit!!😎

Brother, I understand your position BUT one doesn't 'have' to take what they prescribe.. but some of it does do good.
They did a cataract procedure not long ago, didn't think it was necessary but under their advisement did do it and it is amazing
how much clearer and brighter in that eye is. Been getting high for 50+ years.. sometimes the lord needs a little help to ease the pain.
and dont tell them you get high, even if its legal in your state, it rubs them the wrong way. :tiphat:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Brother, I understand your position BUT one doesn't 'have' to take what they prescribe.. but some of it does do good.
They did a cataract procedure not long ago, didn't think it was necessary but under their advisement did do it and it is amazing
how much clearer and brighter in that eye is. Been getting high for 50+ years.. sometimes the lord needs a little help to ease the pain.
and dont tell them you get high, even if its legal in your state, it rubs them the wrong way. :tiphat:

I don't tell anyone anything, but I don't take their meds either. They help a lot of people now, I'm told. I just don't like the meds unless I am very sick in a hosp. bed. The only thing I do is vape and that helps a lot. No booze or any other stuff only weed. If I want to fuck up things, all I got to do is drink booze. 😎

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I don't tell anyone anything, but I don't take their meds either. They help a lot of people now, I'm told. I just don't like the meds unless I am very sick in a hosp. bed. The only thing I do is vape and that helps a lot. No booze or any other stuff only weed. If I want to fuck up things, all I got to do is drink booze. 😎

I still do alcohol (beer mostly) occasionally and I 'do' get more 'opinionated' when I do.. you're right not good.
Vapen' an occasional joint with friends.. and BTW vape oil from the dispensary. I maintain my medical card and
am not afraid to announce it, gently for now, if and when someone challenges me (no one has of now). If alcohol is involved at the time maybe not so gentle.
IT's LEGAL if you have the card. Few bucks a year, like insurance that I might/can wiggle out of a situation without an ensuing search warrant. I'm hearing rumors of reduced state fees.

EDIT: hit the post button by mistake.

Another vet friends wife has a card and he still worries at home.. WHY? Old school brain.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Don't get me wrong I love to drink but when I do I make dumb choices. All the major fuckups I have done in my past there were two things in the center. Alcohol and Women. One day I woke up and realized that real problems were caused by me, not the women. When I drank and made bad choices it hurt a lot of people and now I don't. So much easier without it. I haven't had a drop since March 3 1998 and I thank weed for that. 😎

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Don't get me wrong I love to drink but when I do I make dumb choices. All the major fuckups I have done in my past there were two things in the center. Alcohol and Women. One day I woke up and realized that real problems were caused by me, not the women. When I drank and made bad choices it hurt a lot of people and now I don't. So much easier without it. I haven't had a drop since March 3 1998 and I thank weed for that. 😎

That's a fair amount of time.. not an easy thing to do.... women too?:D
I quit smoking (4 packs a day) in 1982.. chest pain, never looked back and can go into smoke filled room with out even a speck of want to.. I wish sumtin would happen to move me to eat less.. but I digress.. good luck. creeper

Cactus Squatter

I’m happy to see a PTSD specific area here. A huge part of my daily life is working with those who suffer from PTSD and TBI, mostly combat related but also a fair amount from other traumas.
I’m always on the hunt for anything that can help with it. We use a lot of Yoga, meditation and breath work along with some of them finding certain strains to be a huge help. Strain choice has been almost completely dependent on the individual. What works for one may or may not work for another. There’s some relief with almost all types, but when an individual finds the “right one” it’s extremely noticeable. None of them are an instant switch off though if some one goes deep into an episode. They’ll slowly calm them, but not bring them right back to themselves.
We have found one thing though that really seems to help, across the board with all people that have tried it. Psilocybin. Both large doses and micro dosing. Everyone we know that has gone that route have really seen improvement. I’m really hoping there is at least a reclassification of it here in the US to allow for more thorough testing because from what our community has seen it’s a godsend. People who were absolutely crippled by ptsd are now able to work and interact in society.

We’ve also noticed a huge contributing factor to how severely PTSD effects some people, and after reading a little bit of this thread many here seem to have noticed it as well, Alcohol. Everyone we have worked with that has the more severe symptoms and easier triggers all have alcohol use in common while the non drinkers seem to be able to work with things better.

Cactus Squatter

That's a fair amount of time.. not an easy thing to do.... women too?:D
I quit smoking (4 packs a day) in 1982.. chest pain, never looked back and can go into smoke filled room with out even a speck of want to.. I wish sumtin would happen to move me to eat less.. but I digress.. good luck. creeper

On “eating less”… take a food sensitivity test. Not the allergy test but the sensitivity/inflammation test. Eliminate the foods that trigger high for you. For me it was egg whites. I eliminated that and boom. My body started burning through all my excess weight. I went from 198-160 in 3 months. No more fupa, no more belly. I had already eliminated sugars and unhealthy stuff 2 years prior yet still carried excess I couldn’t shed no matter what I tried.
I don’t have to eat less now. I eat whenever I want and just avoid those few things and have zero issues. 2 carne asada burritos for lunch on the regular. My job does keep me moving all day though which is also key.

For my wife it was Vanilla and egg yolks. Same results. Stopping eggs also eliminated daily headaches she had.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
On “eating less”… take a food sensitivity test. Not the allergy test but the sensitivity/inflammation test. Eliminate the foods that trigger high for you. For me it was egg whites. I eliminated that and boom. My body started burning through all my excess weight. I went from 198-160 in 3 months. No more fupa, no more belly. I had already eliminated sugars and unhealthy stuff 2 years prior yet still carried excess I couldn’t shed no matter what I tried.
I don’t have to eat less now. I eat whenever I want and just avoid those few things and have zero issues. 2 carne asada burritos for lunch on the regular. My job does keep me moving all day though which is also key.

For my wife it was Vanilla and egg yolks. Same results. Stopping eggs also eliminated daily headaches she had.

Thats very interesting and good to know. My problem is sugar and it seems like it's in everything I put my hands on. I don't have a weight problem but I have an inflammation problem and have a lot of pain in my body. Where do you get a sensitivity test?😎

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I’m happy to see a PTSD specific area here. A huge part of my daily life is working with those who suffer from PTSD and TBI, mostly combat related but also a fair amount from other traumas.
I’m always on the hunt for anything that can help with it. We use a lot of Yoga, meditation and breath work along with some of them finding certain strains to be a huge help. Strain choice has been almost completely dependent on the individual. What works for one may or may not work for another. There’s some relief with almost all types, but when an individual finds the “right one” it’s extremely noticeable. None of them are an instant switch off though if some one goes deep into an episode. They’ll slowly calm them, but not bring them right back to themselves.
We have found one thing though that really seems to help, across the board with all people that have tried it. Psilocybin. Both large doses and micro dosing. Everyone we know that has gone that route have really seen improvement. I’m really hoping there is at least a reclassification of it here in the US to allow for more thorough testing because from what our community has seen it’s a godsend. People who were absolutely crippled by ptsd are now able to work and interact in society.

We’ve also noticed a huge contributing factor to how severely PTSD effects some people, and after reading a little bit of this thread many here seem to have noticed it as well, Alcohol. Everyone we have worked with that has the more severe symptoms and easier triggers all have alcohol use in common while the non drinkers seem to be able to work with things better.

That's for sure! I already know that alcohol doesn't work for me and will cause big problems. It's easier to work with the mind when one doesn't drink because of forgetfulness. Drinking causes blackouts, little blackouts are a big problem and one doesn't know it because of no memory. Living without memory is the problem. No recovery. My brother has a bad drinking problem and he doesn't remember what he did last month. Nothing really good or bad, he just doesn't remember what he says. Its like two people in the same body one that remembers and one that doesn't. I used to be the same way but not anymore 😎

Cactus Squatter

Thats very interesting and good to know. My problem is sugar and it seems like it's in everything I put my hands on. I don't have a weight problem but I have an inflammation problem and have a lot of pain in my body. Where do you get a sensitivity test?😎

My wife and I did tests through Everlywell at home.
They have 2 different tests, do the one that covers more foods. It’s a little more expensive but so worth it. They also run sales a lot so watch for those.

When you get the test, write down everything they test for, and make sure you eat even just a little bit of it unless you already know for sure it messes you up (like gluten for my wife). my wife made spread sheets and we checked everything off over about a weeks time, then did the tests.

We also cut out refined sugar. That was the hardest thing because it is in everything. Easiest way was no more packaged foods.

What sucks was Jalapeños and many other Annum type peppers were high on my lists. Everything I eat is spicy… good thing is, it’s only Annums, mainly Jalapeños, shishitos and Bells, that kill me so as long as I stick with my super hots I’m good to go. I’ve also through testing found that it’s the skin of those peppers that contains whatever bothers me. If I roast and skin them they don’t trigger any discomfort and they don’t pop on my sensitivity test.
Worst thing on my wife’s list was Vanilla. Wtf. 😂 It’s her favorite thing, it’s in tons of stuff, and we figured out it was what was causing lots of issues for her.

A few months after taking these tests and eliminating the inflammation we both feel amazing and have lost all the weird little chubby build up spots, like my fupa. I went from a skinny dude with some round soft spots, a belly and boobs to a skinny dude with very defined muscle, next to zero body fat, and so much more energy it’s insane. No belly, no boobs, no fupa.
We work a very physical job and for years my arms and shoulders would get more muscular, but nothing else changed. Eliminated the bad, kept working and now 8 pack abs and we’ll defined back muscles. It’s awesome. Wife digs it too. 😉

Honestly the best part is, eliminating all that along with the processed foods, soy, flax, and any other testosterone disrupting, estrogen building garbage has brought back energy levels, sex drive and physical motivation like I haven’t had since I was a teen. My T levels also improved greatly without purposefully working on them directly. That was the next step after we did this was to figure out my dropping T crap. That problem now seems to have solved itself.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I'm 74, wife few years younger but allot of inflammation in mostly her but me too. $300+ for tests for both of us.
Worth a shot.. didn't even read the reviews.. <asshole.:pointlaug

Thank you all for this information..

Wuachuma

MAOI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monoamine_oxidase_inhibitor
Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

There is an episode ("Ayahuasca") in this netflix documentary series that explains the risks of associating some type/class of psychiatric medicine with ayahuasca/MAOI:
https://www.netflix.com/de-en/title/81044208

:tiphat:

MAOi inhibit the gut enzyme MAO.
MAO destroys DMT on contact.
Ingesting DMT with an MAOi leads to a DMT trip that lasts about 6-8hrs, sometimes more. Some MAOi's are reversable, some are not - the irreversable MAO'i can be dangerous, like serotonin-syndrom dangerous.

Interestingly, mushrooms contain DMT.
However, we almost never have a DMT trip on mushies because we havent properly prepared by making sure MAO is not in the equation.
The easiest and safest way to inhibit MAO is a tek I learned from the Bible - to fast.
Fasting for 6+ hours stops the stomach from producing MAO. So, if you want to have the most transcendental mushroom trip, fast for 8+ hours and only drink water.

To stop the MAO-inhibited trip simply eat.
Eating signals the stomach to produce MAO, which in turns destroys DMT. An old adage was to drink a glass of milk to stop a bad trip.

Wuachuma

Another tek I like to apply to using mushrooms is lemon-tek

this uses the citric acid of lemons or limes to predigest the mushroom/vegetable material while also converting the psilocybin into psilocin.
With this, the trip is only 4 hours. Comes on super quick, and sobriety comes at a blink of an eye.
Very helpful for those with a busy life who cant commit 6-8 hours on a mushy trip

Wuachuma

Ive worked with many things for PTSD and PDD

LSD, Mushrooms, Ketamine, MDMA, MDA, San Pedro and Peyote, Cannabis, Alcohol

Ketamine is one of the absolute best.
It breaks down all the barriers while synthesizing unity/cohesion with everyone and everything else.
I've gone from "this is hell" to "this is heaven and everything that happened was an act of grace because it allowed me to be right here, right now and so it is all a blessing"
Also, really great for Autism spectrum shit.
Some of my greatest epiphanies and perspective shifts happened on ketamine

LSD gives me those aha moments and walking on clouds feeling. Ive been able to rewrite a lot of programming on LSD.
I find that the mind can prevent or kill a trip if one is not ready.
I find transdermal trips are far more intense and unsettling than trips induced upon my tongue.
I find it interesting that LSD is an amphetamine molecule. Once I found that out, it made sense how LSD was able to undo quite a bit of damage done by ADHD meds (ritaline, dexadrine, adderall) that started in 6th grade.
Its sad that its almost impossible to find real organic L25 and that most of what is one the market is 2C-B or similar research chemicals, or just Orange Sunshine (very visual, but not real L25)

Mushrooms I really vibe with
I feel mushrooms can match or mimic the effect of any other molecule.
Mushrooms converted me from atheism to what I am today. It opened me up to Buddhism, and my path of Bon.

MDMA / MDA
Quite similar. Again, the organic stuff is almost impossible to find. Shit, last December I was at the Emerald Cup afterparty and somebody handed me a crystal and told me its mdma. 90 minutes later, I had to tell my friends, hey, I got dosed with fentanyl- if i collapse, call an ambulance. That's because nobody at the hotel had narcan.
MDMA was my first breakthrough where I felt comfortable in a social setting and was open enough to enjoy dancing.

Mescaline is the most gentle of the entheogens.
I expected it to be intense like in Beavis And Butthead movie, but man, it is so tranquil and peaceful.
I've been in the Native American Church for a few years and was given an ONAC so I can legally serve medicine and hold ceremony for anyone in need.
I like to use a food blender and cut off all but the core of the cactus (minus the spines). I pour this into a stainless steel pot and add 3x the volume of water to the cactus that was in the blender. More water if needed. The key is to use the lowest heat possible, just enough so you see little movement in the solution but not enough to boil or roil. Cook for 8-16 hrs. Strain.
I drink 3 cups. 1st cup sheds off all energies not serving you. 2nd cup is symbolic death, here I use Hapay (tobacco snuff). 3rd cup is symbolic resurection.
Peyote Ive only done a couple times. A Chief gave me a big mason jar of peyote he had been fermenting for 3 years. So I did 3 ceremonies for myself with it, one of which was alone in his teepee. (He let me use his teepee for a month - I cant tell you how amazing it is to sleep in a teepee, night after night). The peyote was again very subtle and gentle. I pretty much only noticed it while I kept my eyes closed. Visions of Nature, primarily deer and reindeer.

DMT
Ive vaped it in pens - nice to titrate dosage. Ive melded with the others in the rooms and suddenly the tv turned on and did really trippy shit for the next 6 hrs (we vaped the whole pen together over like 6 hrs)
Ive dabbed crystals - transcendental with eyes closed.
Ive eaten it with MAOi and mushroom extract and raw cacao and 1g BHO - yeah buddy. Someone used to make these chocolates and I called them Buddha bars because it was like a 6hr Buddha trip

Hapay. Also called rapay, spelled with pe and french accent instead of pay.
Very very grounding. Amoment of intense burning in the nose eyes and brain, followed by glorious bliss.
Used for clearing energies no longer serving you.

Since I got into festivals in 2019, I've been doing the Burning Man thing - mixing all the drugs.
KEtamine + Mushrooms - the ultimate in being chill and goofy
LSD + Ketamine - the most visual and most epiphanies
LSD + Ketamine + Coca - My most amazing breakthrough, so cool, so healing
LSD + Mushrooms + MDMA/MDA + Ketamine + hapay - just the best

Wuachuma

As far as pharmaceuticals,

An operator I know introduced me to Mirtazapine.
On-label its a mood stabilizer for people with bi-polar
Off-Label, its amazing for PTSD.
It regulates norephedrine, so it regulates your adrenaline - it stops that reactionary adrenal dump that we all suffer from.
Another added benefit is it gives you the most vivid sex dreams.
Dont mix with flexoril, because that will cause serotonin syndrome
The cool thing is, you can use psychedelics on Mirt. Even cooler, you can take mirt, then a couple hours take LSD and have a full trip. But lets say you need a trip-killer, pop a mirt and it kills it pretty quick and lets you sleep real well.
Oh yeah, Mirt gives you thee best sleep, but makes it hard to wake up.

Now, I quit Mirt about 2 yrs ago, cold-turkey (fuck my insurance company and CVS) and I dont recommend that.
Now that I'm off Mirt, I seem to have less control over my stress-reactions. Oh well.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The drugs are cool but they all have one BAD thing in common. They wear off and don't last, or they don't stay the same when you use them repeatedly. Everyone has to come face to face with old age, illness, and death sooner or later. If you look deeply that's what you are running from. The drugs won't change the truths, only distract you. Every try being completely sober off everything?
The amount of meds and drugs you have taken above tells me they're probably not working or you wouldn't need to take so many. .
Every try cognitive therapy? 😎