What's new

Weird pheno or a problem?

Hello

all other girls are quite uniform and healthy, apart from this girl, she’s healthy but very leggy and a weird bud structure??

any comments appreciated.

Attachments

• photo2073689.jpg
    photo2073689.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 46
  • photo2073690.jpg
    photo2073690.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 45

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Looks okay to me, eh you know how it goes, there's always that one attention seeker that's just got to be different from everyone else. :biggrin:

Looks okay to me, eh you know how it goes, there's always that one attention seeker that's just got to be different from everyone else. :biggrin:

Should I consider throwing it? It looks like she’s going to have long thin buds, instead of fat buds or do you think she can still fill out?

strain is bubble runtz from Tastebuds.

PolyChucker

I’m messing with some GSC mutts. The “popcorn on a stick” buds definitely pop up once in a while. I think it’s recessive.

Haha ok I’ll keep her alive for you guys 😇

Any tips for fattening her up? Or just keep going as normal. Also some of her pistols starting to shade orange already despite 5 week or more off haha.

HempKat

Veteran
Should I consider throwing it? It looks like she’s going to have long thin buds, instead of fat buds or do you think she can still fill out?

strain is bubble runtz from Tastebuds.

I'm not familiar with the strain so I can't say for sure what she'll do. I have however seen strains where one grew a bit taller then the rest but it still seemed to fill out nicely. My bigger concern would be will it grow so tall that it forces you to move the light higher and thereby cause the rest of the plants to get less then ideal light? To avoid that though you could always do some additional LST on the taller buds or just top them to bring them down to the height of the other plants. Personally I'd go with the LST if anything just because I hate topping something that far along in bud development.

HempKat

Veteran
Haha ok I’ll keep her alive for you guys 😇

Any tips for fattening her up? Or just keep going as normal. Also some of her pistols starting to shade orange already despite 5 week or more off haha.

Early discoloration of pistils is not uncommon in plants, it happens sometimes, usually when it does it means it's fixing to put out more to replace them.

JockBudman

Cellar Dweller if you've checked the timer an it's OK then the other thing is a wee look at lights off- check outside the tent for any sign they've come on or have no gone off. Havin the lights linked shouldnae have an effect as far as ah know.

Havin said a that, if all the other plants are fine an nothin else does this weird stretch, might just be a funny pheno. Ah only mentioned it cos ah had a plant dae the same an ma timer was broken. Other plants were too young tae show an just kept veggin for those weeks.

JockBudman

Other options are heat or light stress. Sometimes you'll just get a plant that's no a fan of your setup even if all the others are. If you've got a solid dark period wi no leaks or timer fuck ups then ah'd personally move her out the light a bit an see how she does. Some sats like pure haze need less light tae finish up or they keep flowerin forever. Ah've had hybrids foxtail tae fuck wi heat an all.

Even if it is a weird pheno, keep it. Might be a lovely smoke an you can hash it if no.

Latest posts

Latest posts