What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed, kids and school

Weedwell

Long story short; I grow a legal amount of weed in a legal state, in my own home. The principal at our public school changed. And now faculty has been harassing my 6th grader for smelling like cannabis. At first just mentioning it inappropriately to my son. Progressing into searching him every single day. Luckily my kid isn't a snitch, cause they were trying to get him to rat me out....it continued, got worse. School started calling the police. Which led them nowhere because we are doing nothing illegal...due to all of this(and other reasons) my wife and I pulled him out of school. Currently homeschooling and transitioning to an online academy....i know I could have strengthened my smell control. But this issue with school is just 1 of many....anyways. Just wanted to start a thread and see if anyone had similar experiences. And to share mine....sorry that wasn't a very short story.

MW

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Wow man. You gotta step it up seriously. Don't want any issues with LE. When they said he smelled like "weed" you should've taken steps to get the smell under control. Hopefully things are under control now and in the future.

OP

Last edited:

Weedwell

Wow man. You gotta step it up seriously. Don't want any issues with LE. When they said he smelled like "weed" you should've taken steps to get the smell under control. Hopefully things are under control now and in the future.

OP

Had an extra pungent cultivar going at the time. 2 carbon filters running always. For whatever reason our clothes really held the smell. Looking into a ozone generator. I don't think they ever actually said he smelled. I think the new principal was trying to make an example out of us.

Something that really bothered me was that the first 2 times he was searched. The school did not tell my wife or I that they were searching him, nor after the fact. I found out through my son.

No issues with LE. They actually helped us out once they realised what was happening. Gave us some good reccomendations. Wasn't expecting to find an ally there. The police(and med, and school psychologist)acted as this wasn't the first time they've ran into this, and were super cool with the situation. Our real problem was a hateful principal not a smell.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
0, that's cool man. It's CO, so I'm sure they run into that all the time. 2 carbon filters. You must be running the legendary road kill skunk x ECSD:D

OP

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I remember when I was a kid in school, many moons ago, and 2 kids always smelled like fish because their Dad was a fishmonger. I felt sorry for them because they were always the butt of 'Something fishy is going on here' jokes etc.....

Occupational hazard I suppose?

shithawk420

Veteran
There's definitely something fishy going on here.Id get a lawyer and Sue the shit outta that school for harassment and a bunch of other legal expenses.but there's gotta be more to this story for sure.you banging the principals wife or something?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
your kid and his education comes first, re-enroll him,talk to the principle,fix your filters or scrap your grow.

Weedwell

Yeah all my fault, and I shouldn't have put him in that situation for sure. There's a lot more to the story. Haha not getting it in anywhere. Principal is a lady and she certainly looks like your typical principal. We have been a thorne in her side for other reasons. We have a lawyer. But yeah, i dont recommend public schools. Luckily we have other options that will work for our family. Only with the best intentions.

paper thorn

Veteran
Homeschool them. you do not need them. Honestly, there should be separation of school and state.
I homeschooled 4 kids in CO. They're all pretty smart. they have good jobs and they're more socially adjusted than most people i run across.

Don't listen to people who say you can't shouldn't for one reason or another. Like that you can't educate them as well as the public schools can. Yeah, 'cause there are NO dumbasses that spend 12 years in school. :tiphat:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
The real problem is that you are an idiot for putting your kid in that situation in the first place.

:moon:

your kid and his education comes first, re-enroll him,talk to the principle,fix your filters or scrap your grow.

I went to school all the way to 12th grade in fucking public schools. I graduated but I still feel like I didn't even get so much as an education what so EVER.:mad:

So I ended up going to college late in life and I'm about to graduate from college this May with 2 degrees. Because I wanted to get a better education than what the fucking public school gave, witch was not one at all.

So I am all for home schooling children. Public schools DO NOT GIVE A GOD DAM ABOUT THE EDUATION OF THE CHILDREN!

Latest posts

Latest posts