What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weed in Israel?

Green Devil

Hi!

I'm visiting Israel (Tel Aviv, Eilat, Jerusalem) and I know weed is illegal in your country yet widely available.
I also know Israel have come a long way in medicinal marijuana research and so I am obviously wondering - what's the best way to get good quality weed while visiting your wonderful country? :dance013:
Also read something called "Al Hakefak" - perhaps someone can fill me in on what it is and how to use (if at all)?

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Hello Mr. Devil

While Tel Aviv is very open to weed lately, Jerusalem is much less friendly than Tel Aviv and scoring weed is much harder.
Eilat pretty much got zero weed. Sometimes you can get shit hash there.

Best option would be to pack in Tel Aviv and travel with it, but make sure to keep it odor proof. There are a lot of security checks in Israel, bagging is important.

Al Hakefak על הכיפאק
means something like 'awesome bro' in Hebrew. It got nothing to do with weed.

If you get around by car to Jerusalem you might want to stop at Abu Gosh for some of Israels finest Hummus ;-)

Happy travels

Green Devil

Hello Mr. Devil

While Tel Aviv is very open to weed lately, Jerusalem is much less friendly than Tel Aviv and scoring weed is much harder.
Eilat pretty much got zero weed. Sometimes you can get shit hash there.

Best option would be to pack in Tel Aviv and travel with it, but make sure to keep it odor proof. There are a lot of security checks in Israel, bagging is important.

Al Hakefak על הכיפאק
means something like 'awesome bro' in Hebrew. It got nothing to do with weed.

If you get around by car to Jerusalem you might want to stop at Abu Gosh for some of Israels finest Hummus ;-)

Happy travels

First and foremost, thank you so much for your quick and useful response!

So then the plan is basically to buy weed in Tel Aviv upon arrival and then bring it with us around.
Now, I know Israel aint South Korea but what's the penalty if we get caught with weed?
Are tourists getting worse penalties than citizens to scare other tourists from breaking laws?
Guessing it's not like Thailand where you can pay the police a smaller fee to make them look the other way if getting caught?
It would also be interesting to know what the minimum limit is to avoid jail/custody.

I found this link but I suppose it's just a lot of BS then..

Oh and for the record, I love hummus but I don't think we'll be traveling by car - no way of getting there with bus/train?

Once again, thank you for your reply! :huggg:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Penalty depends on the cop... You can try to butter the pig but usually he'll just steal you weed and tell you to buzz off. It's not that bad in Tel aviv. In Jerusalem its much shittier. In Eilat the popo will just beat your ass for fun.
Tourists can do whatever they want in Israel, we are hooligans.

If you carry for self consumption you should be fine with the law. In Israel the law depends on your law bender (lawyer for short), and tourists usually get good ones.

Public transportation in Israel is sketchy. Tel Aviv to Jerusalem might be possible on bus (no train).
Moving around in Tel Aviv is best done by electric bikes or by foot, cars and public transportation are super slow. In Jerusalem the touristic part is mainly covered with tram lines and there's plenty buses.
Getting to Eilat is best done by flight from Tel Aviv (Sde Dov Airport) or from Ramle (Ben Gurion Airport). The other option is a rare bus from Tel Aviv New Central Station, which is a fairly shitty ride. DO NOT TAKE THE 9 SEAT TAXIS TO EILAT.
Overall, the best method of transportation in Israel is a car.

Cheers :)

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Or simply type @Telegrassabot in the Telegram application ;-)

Getting weed on the street is likely to be of better quality.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hello fonzee,

it seems you have been away for too long already, telegrass is pretty bad ass and you can get very good quality constantly, specially in Jerusalem.

You know I went from finding nothing in 2010 to having closed bags of medical being delivered like pizza right to my place. Tikun Olam and IMC all over the place, Erez, Alaska, DQ, etc...

There's shit tons of GG#4 as well, it seems that crazy guy brought in a bunch of cuts and you can get 10 grams for 700 shekels everyday, all day. I rather get closed medical bags though, more expensive, but you know 100% it is good herb, it usually goes 900-1000 per bag, including delivery.

Green Devil, just download telegram and get the telegrass chats installed. Seller will verify you to make sure you are not a cop, so provide the info they ask; what happens is that they will leave you the weed somewhere, you pick it up and leave the money where they placed the weed; if you steal the weed, they have your personal info and it will be published in the wall of shame, so no dick moves; same thing if you get shitty weed, you write a bad review of the seller. NEVER leave the money first though, if someone asks you, refuse and write a bad review straight away.

You will have many channels that display the available menus according to geographical location. So if you are in North Tel Aviv for example, the menus and sellers closest to you are there; same for all over the country. you scroll down the menu and when you find something you like, you contact via secret chat, it is p2p encrypted, and seller should set timer on the chat so the info disappears as the conversation advances.

Telegrass basically brought legalization to Israel, there are 10000s more users than cops, it is game over, check mate for prohibition here; good luck and still smoke discreetly, some cops will still try to catch weed users because they are the coward cops who are afraid to go after terrorists, so don't give them the satisfaction.

Use google translate app to help you understand how the channels work btw, and many sellers will speak english.

Good luck!

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I disagree, bombadil.
I find the medical weed to be of medium quality, constantly. GG#4 is 100% not the original cut and 99% of the time the strain name and other info are made up.
Overall the level of weed on Telegrass is medium and down compared to Israeli weed. Telegrass is for people who don't have better connections - the good stuff never gets there.