What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wearing Masks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I can’t believe how wearing an mask has become so political. They do work, I’ve seen tests where a person coughed into Petri dishes with no mask, a paper mask, a cloth homemade mask , and an N 95. The only dish that grew anything was the one without any mask. We didn’t like the seatbelt law years ago but we wear them now without thinking twice about it. We all wear clothes, without thinking about it. I can’t stand wearing them, they are uncomfortable, they make you hot, in reality they are a pain in the ass. BUT THEY PROTECT YOUR FELLOW MAN, and you. Our fearless leader refuses to wear a mask being the role model that he is and you hear if the president doesn’t have to wear one neither do I. In woke up free today so I don’t need a mask so somehow a piece of paper, or cloth takes away your freedom. This virus is an invisible killer, how many people are we willing to sacrifice in the fight over wearing a mask. We opened up some businesses and the virus spiked, it has not gone away it is out there just waiting for another host to sicken. PLEASE PEOPLE LET’S GET A HOLD ON THIS VIRUS SO WEAR A MASK WHEN YOU ARE OUT AND ABOUT. I see it as compassion for your fellow man, nothing to bicker about like little children, grow Up and get a clue...

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
its no secret that i have adopted a prevention over cure perspective that i apply liberally to all aspects of life and if i was certain the mask made a difference i would wear 2. the problem, not unlike most aspects of life is does it make a difference? too much misinformation and too many good liars out there. one thing this whole pandemic has done to me is made me even more sceptical than i was before if that was possible. im not doubting you ester but what i am saying just because msm does a report showing the results you mentioned doesnt mean it is true. all the msm does is push the daily agenda which changes day to day or when ever the wind blows. at first we were told explicitly dont wear a mask. now we are being told the opposite. virus aside science tells us rebreathing our own carbon dioxide is unhealthy which makes sense. for now that is what i am basing my decisions on. just plain too much conflicting info to figure out the truth which is the problem with most things today. btw is the earth round or flat?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
am out of +rep and may not rate threads today. kind of odd since i have not been here much lately. anyway, i'll be back...

knucklehead bob

Veteran
Does anyone trust the New England Journal of Medicine ?

This article was published on April 1, 2020, at NEJM.org.

Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372?fbclid=IwAR19TJM7lT34nQzZoq6Qaq_1n3ukvCOsvHc2QowDRqH_tfvel8yfVzCGPUs

104492533_10220543257364975_5971464198615403076_n.jpg

106218507_10220615819338979_2474127876794730814_n.jpg

93098202_10219842684131082_5366318060166709248_n.jpg

ElGato

Veteran
i have heard that if you don't wear a mask then you are a murderer.
What if you wear a mask that only partially protects as everyone is doing? Are they only partial murderers?

so many people in a deep sheep, I see people everyday out walking with nobody around them for hundreds of feet -wearing a mask, driving by themselves in their cars- wearing a mask >> they are idiots of the highest order. ANYBODY who is NOT immunocompromised and wears a mask is a dumbass imho.

They tell you sheep to wear a mask to placate you so you don't have a complete mental breakdown and panic.

Here's what will protect you from viruses...this is what virologists wear to prevent them from contracting viruses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwU5PEcFwbI&feature=emb_logo

Why would they go through all this trouble if a face covering or N95 mask would work?

#CommonSense

I will social distance, wash my hands often, stay away from crowds etc and do what is needed to protect myself and others, no problem. but i don't wear a mask unless i absolutely have to. breathing Oxygen instead of my own CO2 is more important to me than the false sense of security that a Mask may provide.

remember folks -obey your masters

ElGato

Veteran
this is from the article that Knucklehead Bob posted a link to:

New England Journal of Medicine said:
We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

St. Phatty

imagine if Woodrow Wilson had advised people not to wear masks in 1918.

they would have been smart enough to discontinue him, AND the bureaucrats who echoed the stupidity (Fauci for example).

and of course there is the part about Fauci managing 2 NIH contracts to develop NASTY coronaviruses - the work to be done at the Wuhan lab.

The US is now "homo sapiens, V ablatisque testiculis" - home sapiens with 5 pairs of testicles.

And it has simply invented a way to kick itself in all 5 gonads at the same time.

Where's the Clapping emoticon ?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I saved one good N95 with a vent in case I need to fly on an airline. They must require people to wear masks on this flight, and this guy is making the most of it.

l9htwrkpgy751.jpg

'Boogieman'

Yea as testing goes up so will the kung flu cases. I'm not wearing a mask unless I'm forced to do so because they make my face break out.

Fixer

i have heard that if you don't wear a mask then you are a murderer.
What if you wear a mask that only partially protects as everyone is doing? Are they only partial murderers?

so many people in a deep sheep, I see people everyday out walking with nobody around them for hundreds of feet -wearing a mask, driving by themselves in their cars- wearing a mask >> they are idiots of the highest order. ANYBODY who is NOT immunocompromised and wears a mask is a dumbass imho.

They tell you sheep to wear a mask to placate you so you don't have a complete mental breakdown and panic.

Here's what will protect you from viruses...this is what virologists wear to prevent them from contracting viruses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwU5PEcFwbI&feature=emb_logo

Why would they go through all this trouble if a face covering or N95 mask would work?

#CommonSense

I will social distance, wash my hands often, stay away from crowds etc and do what is needed to protect myself and others, no problem. but i don't wear a mask unless i absolutely have to. breathing Oxygen instead of my own CO2 is more important to me than the false sense of security that a Mask may provide.

remember folks -obey your masters

Perhaps they wear them to demonstrate that they care about the safety of their fellow human beings. Reducing stress has a positive health benefit. I'm not saying you have to but it might be a gift to those around you.

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1276629360212979712.html

What does a mask do? Blocks respiratory droplets coming from your mouth and throat.

Two simple demos:

First, I sneezed, sang, talked & coughed toward an agar culture plate with or without a mask. Bacteria colonies show where droplets landed. A mask blocks virtually all of them.

Ebd7M2SXsAA-IV5.jpg

Ebd7_sGWAAE5or0.jpg

What about keeping your distance?

Second demo: I set open bacteria culture plates 2, 4 and 6 feet away and coughed (hard) for ~15s. I repeated this without a mask.

As seen by number of bacteria colonies, droplets mostly landed <6 ft, but a mask blocked nearly all of them.

Ebd83QwX0AI1mi_.jpg

Ebd83zxXsAEAzQs.jpg

I'm aware that this simple (n=1) demo isn't how you culture viruses or model spread of SARS-CoV-2.

But colonies of normal bacteria from my mouth/throat show the spread of large respiratory droplets, like the kind we think mostly spread #COVID19, and how a mask can block them!

Ebd-AoMWkAEN4Ef.jpg

Cannavore

Veteran
Ebd-CyHU8AUp0PQ.jpg

My mask vs. no mask demonstrations got perfectly summarized in this brief 34 second video. Masks keep your respiratory secretions to yourself! @providence_phc

https://twitter.com/providence_phc/status/1276619220957233154?s=20

Masks as a political/social litmus test or used to shame those who won't (or disabled folks who truly can't!) wear them is a travesty.

We wash hands after using the bathroom & wipe noses on tissues. Masks/face shields need to be just another normalized act of hygiene. #MasksWork
Well I just got back from reading some slides in the lab and this has completely overwhelmed my ability to keep up with comments and questions. Wow.

Fixer

Yea as testing goes up so will the kung flu cases. I'm not wearing a mask unless I'm forced to do so because they make my face break out.

How do you explain the increase in the death rate? Are we doing too much testing to see if people are alive?

Gry

This is one of the more reprehensible things that I have seen someone post.
48 thousand cases reported today.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Like I said this is a controversial subject, so many different people, doctors, nurses, have different opinions, I am going by what I see on the Petri dishes, but unfortunately that visual is not good enough for some people. I have to quit typing or the name calling will begin. PLEASE HAVE ENOUGH COMPASSION TO PROTECT YOUR FELLOW MAN...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,wearing a mask is hard! (then spends 30 minutes putting on body armor and bandoleers and guns to protest wearing a mask)

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i haven't used a mask.
i've a beard i haven't shaved/trimmed in 9 years, i'm not shaving it now.
i'll continue my isolation but i'm not wearing a mask.
i am also in that demographic most at risk and i am not afraid.
legacy media has betrayed you.

Gry

i haven't used a mask.
i've a beard i haven't shaved/trimmed in 9 years, i'm not shaving it now.
i'll continue my isolation but i'm not wearing a mask.
i am also in that demographic most at risk and i am not afraid.
legacy media has betrayed you.
No mask is what is appropriate for an isolated individual.
Not aware of any medical authority which feels differently.
My own face is so rough and irregular with scar tissue, that I
do not shave for that very reason. I am still able to get a decent
seal if need be- I use and reuse this stuff called handitak from
the corporation which makes superglue.
In what way do you feel "legacy media" has betrayed me?

Status
Not open for further replies.