What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

We grow vegetable gardens too! Post your Garden pics here

St. Phatty

We got some RAIN.

Was going to spend 10 minutes on my Poopy Potatoes.

My experiment in "Dry Septic" (no water). Cover the Night-soil with Leaves, then put the potato eyes down, then cover with soil & let it get rained on.

Then when guests say, "oh these potatoes are so tasty" you ask them if they want to hear about your gardening technique. :party:

But I would have to be really hungry to dig up the potatoes. It's mostly for the deer.

Might experiment with planting potatoes on a small cliff face. Just dig a little at the bottom, cause a small land-and-potato slide.

In the meantime, there's always the 5 pound bag of hash browns from Walmart for $5.

Rico Swazi

last years pike melon were prolific despite drought conditions
gonna double down this year, firm flesh , excellent taste

20210903_132625.jpg

20210903_132625.jpg

20210903_132625.jpg

Attachments

• 20210903_133012.jpg
    20210903_133012.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 69

St. Phatty

Maybe I'll finally get around to planting Potatoes today.

The Poopy Potatoes section of the Garden ! ! ! :groupwave:

Nightsoil covered with Oak Leaves. :grouphug:

iTarzan

You must be in the southern hemisphere. I was late getting watermelon in so mine is behind most growers in Pennsylvania. First time I ever tried watermelon. There are a few plants in a 15 gallon grow bag. They have cute baby Mellons that are even bigger now. These pics are from a few days ago. I will get new ones on Friday.

mellon.jpeg
mellon2.jpeg
mellon3.jpeg

TheUnknownGrowe

Hello, Saskatchewan Canada garden season is short, I’m used to B.C. and this takes some getting used to.
We had a snow flurry May 19 after a month without snow, but I started planting on the 26 and did some successive starts, been eating basil, radishes, lettuce, beets, peas, tomatoes, beans and turnips for a while now, gonna have potatoes and onions soon, as well as Hungarian Wax peppers and Coriander.

Attachments

• AC3B8FD3-DEA7-4B1E-88C3-6B7A519F8135.jpeg
    AC3B8FD3-DEA7-4B1E-88C3-6B7A519F8135.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • 5EE8C465-FF91-4BE4-B0DE-63DE62FDFF52.jpeg
    5EE8C465-FF91-4BE4-B0DE-63DE62FDFF52.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 54

St. Phatty

Paradoxically, I will have more time for the vegetable garden -
if I spend more time spraying Crossbow, the VERY potent Herbicide.

Too much of my time is spent dealing with wildfire stuff, cutting back blackberries, etc.

At the beginning of Covid19, on July 2020, the lockdown got to the 2 people
that helped me with landscaping & house-cleaning.

Their income nearly disappeared, they were camping in Merlin.
THEN ... Travis shot Julie.

After that, the cost of landscapers sky-rocketed.

So now after cutting back the wildfire problem plants, I'm spraying them.