What's new

Watering with dirty water from a clay bottom lake?

yahooman

My pump went today and it cant be fixed until the spring,i am on the water,the lake has a clay bottom so the water is always dirty.my question is can i use this water to water my plants with all winter?i have an ice auger,a pump and i have a ski doo with a nice sleigh.i can fill up 6 buckets at a time....no problem at all.
So does anyone know if i can do this?

SubGirl

420club
You always take a chance brining in what’s living in your water to your plants. But I water from our lake tributary on my outside grows In the summer. I’ve seen no problem there. You gotta do what you gotta do too sometimes right? Who knows there may be some benefits to it being how there is probably fish in your lake.

Nannymouse

Fl routinely used water from the big lake in his gh grows...

I was actually thinking of collecting the black slime from the bottom of our duck ponds...have not gotten the courage to do it, yet.

yahooman

I live on the water and have a 8' x 12' ice hut that i put out every year like 500 yards from my front door.i fish almost every day.my plan is to warm the hut up,fill a couple of 5 gallon pails every 2 days.ill wait for the ice hut to warm uo,bring out a sediment filter and fill my pails...all while slaying walleye!i even have a tv and dvd combo in the hut too so its not really a pain to do

Heres the filtet im going to buy

And for shits and gigs heres my hut...lol

Attachments

• 20231119_135958.jpg
    20231119_135958.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20

SubGirl

420club
I live on the water and have a 8' x 12' ice hut that i put out every year like 500 yards from my front door.i fish almost every day.my plan is to warm the hut up,fill a couple of 5 gallon pails every 2 days.ill wait for the ice hut to warm uo,bring out a sediment filter and fill my pails...all while slaying walleye!i even have a tv and dvd combo in the hut too so its not really a pain to do

Heres the filtet im going to buy

And for shits and gigs heres my hut...lol
That is a great idea. My guess is you would have no problem with using it.

blondie

I’ve used snow before. Didnt think anything about it. Man that looks like a great setup. Walleye fillet... serious mouth watering. I hope you post some walleye pics...

yahooman

The lake is already frozen,but season doesnt open till jan 1.
Im retired and bored so i cant wait for the new year

Latest posts

Latest posts