What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Watering ?s

kordo

hi,

from top most of the time but if soil starts to become compressed, drenching is good.
If i could, I would always water plants drenching them.

Bye

stiff

Veteran
Same here..from the top...soil or coco.
Once I tried to battle fungus gnats by bottom watering...the fuckers go in there just the same way they go in from the top. Didn't make a difference at all!

El Timbo

I water from the top - the action of the water dropping down through the soil pulls air down with it.

PoorDad

I grow in fabric pots that are in very large trays for runoff. I water slowly and let them absorb it. You can dump water on a fabric pot and it will run out the sides. So I water slow. I water until there's a quart or even two quarts of runoff in each tray. I let them sit in that for up to an hour. They will absorb most of it. Then shop vac the trays.

20240412_171835.jpg