What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

watches?

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Seiko Kinetic.jpg

The only watches I am capable of wearing are Seikos and Swiss Army watches. In days of old it used to be a Seiko5 (self winding). Every time I visited Europe (England mostly) I would buy a spare. I had 2 spares at one point LOL. The second was picked up during GW1 in Dubai, complete with Arabic characters (day), nice convo piece. Not all self winding watches are of quality, they often overwind themselves. I had this happen on several. My current watch has been around for 15 yrs without any issues.

My dress watch (battery operated) black chrome
IMG_20220605_101335518_HDR.jpg

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
In the moment I am thinking about a new watch? I had the money for a little bit expansive one, but it´s not my pilosophy to pay a lot of money for a watch? I like this one from Breitling and 4000 Euro is not much in the upper watch market?

336003786_1389244759129904_2817802099709150607_n.gif

But until I know what I want I bought a Casio for 35 Euro. :D

333343798_1619326695236976_8966913968113071872_n.jpg

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
Nice collection Hawk! Watches are interessting. I ´ve got some but mostly they are broke. In Europe we had Swatch watches, I had some nice ones. One with Che Guevara for example, but they were not expansive more a fashion item. :)

atoche_2.jpg

My oldest one is from my granddad, but also broken.

After the end of the cold war, Germany was floated with russian army, navy or airforce watches. But most of them were fake and didn´t work long.

As I was in Paris before 3 years I made a picture in a swatch shop. I like the colourfull Swatch watches.

75308465_3094724983906118_1209731157290123264_n.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
Wow.those are so cool Herman.i guess apple watches are good but I can't get over how ugly they are and my Samsung watches pair up with my Samsung galaxy flip 4.i can see who calling on my watch cause I usually have the sound down on my phone.i can answer with my watch like Dick Tracy.i actually had a Dick Tracy radio watch when I was a kid

shithawk420

Veteran
Hey cool, Dick Tracy! Only old farts like us know who he was! 😁 I have to look tomorrow, to answer. Here its 23.33 h 😇
im getting old but im not that old.just turned 35 in january.i just had some cool stuff growing up and i know a lot about a lot of things.all the drinkinking probably makes me look 50 though lol

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
There are several of these on ebay being sold from Ukraine as war trophies.

Oh, intersting! But I think I don´t need one again.

Thanks to god my wife said, sleep about it, I was close before to order the Breitling yesterday evening. But at last, I am a guy which which is not a friend of expansive things if cheaper things do the same.

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh sorry Hawk, you are a young man, maybe it has to do with your avatar, that I thought you are older. ;-)
It's OK Herman.its understandable.thats mr.lahey from the show Trailer park boys.its a great show.they grow pot and get drunk.the guy in my avatar is the best drunk actor who ever lived unfortunately he passed a while back but he was a phenomenal actor.about that Breitling if you got the money and like it then get it.id like an Omega myself

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The Russian ones on ebay are pretty cheep. $50 -$100. I think they are 17 jewel watches.
I've beer n looking at them and like the idea of a Ukrainian getting the money.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
420giveaway
It's OK Herman.its understandable.thats mr.lahey from the show Trailer park boys.its a great show.they grow pot and get drunk.the guy in my avatar is the best drunk actor who ever lived unfortunately he passed a while back but he was a phenomenal actor.about that Breitling if you got the money and like it then get it.id like an Omega myself

Ha ha, I thought your Avatar is Hunter S. Thompson.