What's new

Washing your buds ?

P

PFCruz

I foliar feed my plants. I wondered if anyone has washed their crop before curing ? a simple rinse ? I've seen washes for foods , not for buds . :confused:

JLP

Veteran
Never seen anyone try it.

Indoor buds should have a minimum of contaminants but outdoor buds could have come in contact with anything.
The key would be keeping the water temp right.Too cold and some of the trikes could break off,too warm and the resin could melt into the water.Room temp would probably be best,70*-80*.

JLP

G

a day or 2 before harvest I will mist spray with just plain water....hoping to rinse off any dirt, hair, left over bug spray, ect ect

or I will mist them and sit them in front of my fan for a day before they go into darkness

...just make sure they have plenty of time to completely dry before they get chopped or mold/bud rot could strike

P

PFCruz

I'm thinking of getting one of the fruit and veg washing kits. If I were to try washing some buds would the soap/cleaning liquid rinse off well or leave behind some residue? I have tried water curing,prefere a slow air cure . :joint: :canabis: :yummy:

R

Ronley

I once had an out break of aphids, so I washed the buds. And got the aphids off that way.
I towel dried the buds and then put a fan onto them.They curred very nicely.

I dont know if any THC got washed off as well, but at least there were no aphids...
I did not like the idea of smoking aphids...

Ronley Im gonna have to agree with ya, I don't like the idea much either. Id much rather lose a little stone than smoke a bunch of bugs.