What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WARNING- DO NOT PAY ATITTUDE SEEDBANK WITH BANK TRANSFER

James Danke

Spanish bank account- paid them (ATITTUDE SEEDBANK) on the 29th of April - Payment has disappeared in the ether....

I have done countless transfers over the years and there is never more than a 3-day delay.
I believe what is going on here is the Spanish bank system have flagged Atittude's account and are randomly swallowing transfers to that account.
I used an online-only account and there is no customer service (maybe if you wait for hours on the phone- I don't have hours) so there is nothing I can do to get my money back. .

Mods, please publish this message to help others not fall in the same trap. I am not blaming Atittude for this- I believe it is the Spanish authorities doing it. I have asked Atittude to speak to their bank but not holding my breath...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
A lot of bank Holliday's going on at the moment. Ive never heard of a bank transfer leaving one end and not reaching the other. The most the authorities would do is freeze the account rather than intercept transfers without recording it in the system. You're first point of contact should be your own bank.

St. Phatty

DAMN, now I don't remember how I paid for an Attitude order about 4 months ago.

Not Paypal. eCheck ... credit card ... maybe after some coffee it will come back.

James Danke

Atittude's response is of course to ban me from their shop and email back with the usual "not our problem" email...
It isn't even an international transfer. It's in the same country as Atittude's account.

I used the same bank account to send money to China recently and it took 3 working days, and same with many other transfers- most of them arrive same day.

This is now day 12...

James Danke

Yeah - i won't be ordering from UK sources any more or any online vendors in fact- I will just go through a local shop and let them deal with the distributors. It can take a month to get what you want but there is no risk.

As it happens - I got an email just now from Atittude that they received the payment.... This is 12 days after payment and much longer than any bank transfer I ever experienced ... so either the Spanish banking system is harassing them (and customers) or someone there just didn't see the payment until I made noise about it....

This came after repeated disappointments from other online seed vendors so my patience has run out...