What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

War

Cannavore

Veteran
bingo

bingo.png

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
is anyone surprised that Putins "best" efforts have created exactly the conditions that he most dearly wanted to prevent? the old "unintended consequences" come back with a vengeance... it will probably work the same way on the GOP for their head in the sand approach to womens rights to self-determination. that dog has been chasing the same car for nearly 50 years. now that it has caught it, it will not end in a victory lap, but a bedraggled retreat from a catastrophic beating at the front. SOMEBODY is going to have to answer the question "who the fuck thought that this was a good idea?" it is just a matter of time.:tiphat:
I'm not surprised I've been saying all along that had Russia succeeded in conquering Ukraine that by virtue of Ukraine's borders becoming Russia's border it would automatically dramatically increase the number of NATO countries on Russia's border. The fact that Finland and Sweden now want to join NATO is no real surprise. The logic behind them being neutral countries was that if they stayed out of things Russia would leave them alone, which was basically the same arrangement Ukraine had with Russia thru the Budapest Memorandum. The second Russia invaded Ukraine they proved that they couldn't be trusted no matter what sort of defense posture they took. The only thing that surprises me is that they didn't want to join after 2014 when Russia annexed Crimea. I'm guessing what made the difference now is that by the way Putin has so catastrophically bungled the invasion they've proven to the world that the Russian Military is not the major threat the world perceived them to be.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
hmmm...interesting bits in news today, unsure if good or bad in long run. first, Hezbollah has lost power in Lebanon in new elections. is this a sea-change in politics there, or the first sign of a new civil war in that bloodied nation? Iran aint gonna like not having influence/power in the country they base nearly all of their attacks on Israel from. if forced to launch rocket attacks from Iran instead, they will lose their plausible deniability for responsibility & invite Israeli military retaliation upon Iran itself instead of Lebanon being punished as their scapegoat...rest assured, it would not be popular in Iran for Israeli fighter jets to be buzzing through the minarets...:whistling:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
damn near forgot. USAF successfully tested its own hypersonic delivery system (Skunk Works/Lockheed-Martin?) the other day. i wonder if that technology will be shared with select NATO member nations?:sneaky: or will we just base our weapons there & hold the keys like we do with our nuclear weapons...:chin:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Hal Turner, lol! noted bigot, conspiracy theory flogger, white supremacist, and a convicted felon, sentenced to 33 months in prison for threats in 2010. his resume includes calls for govt officials to be assassinated as well. when you're such a frigging fruitbat that the Southern Poverty Law Center keeps an eye on you, you sure as hell should know what a "nazi" looks like. :biglaugh: had them as cellmates/lunchbuddies most likely. allowing 300 wounded to leave for safety hardly makes it a "surrender" under anyone's terms. i don't know WHY those folks won't just die so you can gloat...