What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Want to grow/Not much space

cohaze

Ok. Here is the deal. I have a closet. I can
def make it light proof. The dimensions I have to work with are:

22" W x 22" D x 63.5" H.

This is a rather small , but yet can be efficient enough to carry maybe three plants?

Using a 250 w MH, then switching to a 400 w HPS for the flowering stage.

Any suggestions?

Perhaps I need to get a C 22 from home depot and do the cabinet thing...

:confused:

G

I grew out some NL#5 in an old fridge. I think I got about 3 1/2 ounces under a 270 w son agro lamp and my space was just about the same size with the exception of the height. I had alot less height to work with. I would scrap the 400 watter until you have a larger growspace. A 250w lamp will do you just fine in that space and produce almost no heat!

Here are some pics of that grow and what you can do in a very small space..... Perfect for personal use.

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Click for Larger Image

Last edited:
400 watts in that small a space will generate a lot of heat and double the number of headaches and problems you will have. Sharp Pain knows his stuff, stick with a 250 for now.

Even if you use a MH for flower, in the future you can use it as a veg lite WHEN YOU expand operations. This is some fun stuff and the by product of your effots will be some serious kick ass herb.

My humble opinion is to start small and learn. Once you get your first crop of decent buds, you'll be addicted to gardening.

cohaze

Captain Canibus said:
Even if you use a MH for flower, in the future you can use it as a veg lite WHEN YOU expand operations. This is some fun stuff and the by product of your effots will be some serious kick ass herb.

Thanks for all the feedback! Wow. Awesome stuff....

So, it does not matter, I could use the MH through out the whole veg and flowring stage? I was thinkig of doing 24/0 for the veg stage and 12/12 for the flowering. Is that right for this type of project?

I was thinking of doing my growing in soil, I noticed Sharp_Pain did his NL # 5
hydro style.

What would be a god yield/strain/ that packs a punch and will respond well to the MH.

I have been looking for seeds or clones of this stuff called "Strawberry Cough" It originated in the East Coast and it is sweet and hazy with a clear headed high.

:cool:

Growing seems so fascinating to me, I am already hooked on doing all the prep for getting my space ready.

I am going to need a guide with soil, like what to start off with propagation, vegitation and flowering. What fertilizers to get? All organic!

Thanks for all the info.

Cohaze

G

Don't be fooled by the hydrotron rock that is a soil grow! Click on the 1st picture and you'll see the soil underneath those rocks.

I put the rock ontop of my soil to prevent bugs from laying eggs there and it also helps keep soil in the pots when the fans are buzzin away...

As far as soil I use foxfarm soil mix....everyone has their favorite, but this shit works great for me from veg to flower.

Click for Larger Image

See those tiny pots too....I went from seedling to flower in those babies with no ill effects. Sure I had roots commin out the bottom of one of the pots, but everything worked fine.

You could use a MH throughout the grow for both veg & flower, but a HPS is always reccomended for flowering. Go checkout a small 250w setup with a son agro bulb. they are really inexpensive and will get you started on your grow nicely.

When you get more space bust out your 400w and do some larger scale growing.

Keep us updated on your progress and feel free to ask any question you may have.....We are all here to help

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts