WALKING THE GREEN MILE ...eating of gold cutlery

B

beanz

Hey beanz way to make it interesting i love the look of the bushweeds haze x laos it reminds me of old high times pictures
Black Death is black lime x killer malawi is that right? Sounds and looks like a teeth grinder

always throw random stuff into threads , try keep it interesting

black death is killer malawi x black lime .... always male listed after females . just helps to identify who,s who.

B

beanz

just small update here ,

bit gutted , i,m unable to supplement light . even though i,m extremely remote .....any light from inside the gh , just turns the gh into a big grow tent ..... it illuminates the whole thing up .

i,m only using 2 watt bulbs and even reduced those to a minimum , still no go .

so guess i,m lucky i,m running the more tested plants , that coped better last season with flower triggering ..... not much changes i guess , would have been nice ....to have bit more control .

Raho

That sucks.
Basically, you'd need Light Dep tarps to contain that light, but then you aren't supplementing any more and need more artificial light.

So, assuming the supp light is dead for this season, what do you expect to happen?

just small update here ,

bit gutted , i,m unable to supplement light . even though i,m extremely remote .....any light from inside the gh , just turns the gh into a big grow tent ..... it illuminates the whole thing up .

i,m only using 2 watt bulbs and even reduced those to a minimum , still no go .

so guess i,m lucky i,m running the more tested plants , that coped better last season with flower triggering ..... not much changes i guess , would have been nice ....to have bit more control .

B

beanz

That sucks.
Basically, you'd need Light Dep tarps to contain that light, but then you aren't supplementing any more and need more artificial light.

So, assuming the supp light is dead for this season, what do you expect to happen?

well i did pick less flower sensitive strains , that was part of my selection ...so i,m guessing season dependant , results will be same as last season ....which is decent still , but i would have liked extra insurance of sup lighting , to stop anything triggering too early ......( i,ve already replaced the lime headbanger with lime dragons blood too pull bigger plants as they have hawaiian sativa in them and will be less prone to early flowering ) the lime dragons blood will most likely flower later than the ancient ......which performed well last season .

the up side is sativa action will be right on time . its really the most interesting part of the grow really in a lot ways ,

i did sneak a sativa dominate lime madness in today , think we all need to see a fully grown sativa hybrid . its also a tester in some ways , if it produces say 5 too 7 pounds or more , then the indica part of the grow really becomes pointless ..... i could just run sativa hybrids full season , they do take several more months to finish ...

catch 22 in miss out on seeing nice indica,s , theres pros and cons for both .....i,m really getting the best of both worlds with the way i,m running things .

anyone reading this is really going to need to understand flowering schedule,s of outdoor plants and light hours ,

ps i,m actually at the fun part , which is selecting strains for my side pots ... they will be germinated end month , and planted just before xmas day or just after ....can pull the gloves of and test some semi tested gear from my crosses .......i have save a spot for some seed junkie seeds , it needs to be done . ;)

Last edited:
R

Robrites

Glad to find this. I have a feeling it is going to be the best show of 2018. AOG is the one strain Bodhi didn't make enough of. Glad you have kept it going.

G

In for the show,BB! Stellar setup man .That bushman x laos is love at first sight ... :tiphat:

B

beanz

bars full dirty girls atm , been cruising the red light district
picture.php

ancient f2 a lot of purple action is these , makes up about 40% of them with the trait ....

picture.php

bacon , bacon , bacon ......lime dragons blood
picture.php

only untested strain in a big pot .....my bad , you bet ;)
ancient headbanger
picture.php

Last edited:
B

beanz

boom chic a wa wa

selected for my side pots ( 100 gals ) ....... to germinate next couple days , sex and plant ...... i,m looking for hoes i tell you .
( theres seeds in there just invisible , thats how special they are )
picture.php

Last edited:
B

beanz

Nice, certainly winners in there!! Apoc and blr x lvrk are awesome.

yeah could pic another 10 strains easy , but got to start somewhere ...i sneak peak allows a light sup ( in different area ) when i plant the sativa,s and a breeding project on the side .....clones ect ect ect .....

B

beanz

what are you using for mulch?

did you mulch last year this early?

you guys would,nt have this mulch , its a sugar cane .

yeah mulched this early last season , you thinking ground might stay too cool ? it should be ok .......it gets very hot in there may look bit dull atm its raining outside ......i was sweating before the rain .

but it would be something to consider , not mulching till summer to heat the soil up little , might get extra growth perhaps ? that what you thinking ?

THE MULCH
SUGARCANE MULCH Derived from the dried leaves of the sugarcane plant, left after harvesting, this mulch decomposes in about six months. It only adds a small amount of nutrient to the soil but certainly acts as a conditioner, building water- and nutrient-holding capacity. You can use it on all parts of the garden, but it is best suited to areas that are maintained regularly, such as vegetable patches. It reflects sunlight, keeping the soil cooler and reducing moisture loss. It's readily available from gardening retailers.

Last edited:
R

Robrites

yeah mulched this early last season , you thinking ground might stay too cool ? it should be ok .......it gets very hot in there may look bit dull atm its raining outside ......i was sweating before the rain .

but it would be something to consider , not mulching till summer to heat the soil up little , might get extra growth perhaps ? that what you thinking ?

THE MULCH
SUGARCANE MULCH Derived from the dried leaves of the sugarcane plant, left after harvesting, this mulch decomposes in about six months. It only adds a small amount of nutrient to the soil but certainly acts as a conditioner, building water- and nutrient-holding capacity. You can use it on all parts of the garden, but it is best suited to areas that are maintained regularly, such as vegetable patches. It reflects sunlight, keeping the soil cooler and reducing moisture loss. It's readily available from gardening retailers.
I will definitely mulch next year to cut down water loss.

theJointedOne

THE MULCH

ah sugar cane, interesting.

I wasn't implying that it was good/bad to mulch this early, I was just curious.

Personally I like to let the top soil dry a bit and go through wet dry cycles, especially around the base of the stalk. After a week of being in final homes I dont even water anywhere near the stalk. I always wondered if plants that died/suffered due to damping off/fuserium ect had problems due to me creating too moist of soil, especially around the base of the stalk of the plants, in the spring or even during propagation ect.

That being said ive not ever tried side by side experiments, plants with mulch vs plants without. Hopefully in the future

B

beanz

ah sugar cane, interesting.

I wasn't implying that it was good/bad to mulch this early, I was just curious.

Personally I like to let the top soil dry a bit and go through wet dry cycles, especially around the base of the stalk. After a week of being in final homes I dont even water anywhere near the stalk. I always wondered if plants that died/suffered due to damping off/fuserium ect had problems due to me creating too moist of soil, especially around the base of the stalk of the plants, in the spring or even during propagation ect.

That being said ive not ever tried side by side experiments, plants with mulch vs plants without. Hopefully in the future

OH COOL ,
thought you may know something i didn,t ..... keeping the soil warmer in spring though might be an advantage though . it is quiet thin around the stem even though it does,nt look it , much thicker out from centre ....get super hot in here .....pots dry out very quick , my soil drains too fast took me ages last season to work my water out , even with a moisture meter ....
outdoor plants i like to do what you suggest , nice dry spell then i will drench them and dry spell them again ...... its basically what nature does ..... comes dumps heap and gone again .

my side pots have a better mixture this season and will be drip fed differently , hopefully less water usage .

Latest posts