What's new

VT Straw Banannaz GIFTED

I Care

I was gifted these seeds by someone I met at the garden supply store. I heard them talking about canna while we were both in the same place and decided to ask them about what they were doing. Super nice guy! :greenstars:

Overall I recieved 13 seeds from them and I tried to germinate 3.

1 has survived the abuse and is finally growing.
I tried to use seed starter soil that just stayed too wet and this guy started to damp off after struggling since coming up a month ago.
I put it in my dry 1pt Peat, 1pt Perlite, 1pt com aeration, 1pt com growers mix.

Now it might want to grow for me.

3/17

IMG_1205.jpeg

3/29
IMG_1240.jpeg

4/1
IMG_1245.jpeg

4/8
IMG_1277.jpeg

4/13
After dry soil blend on 4/10

IMG_1331.jpeg

Update later.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I was gifted these seeds by someone I met at the garden supply store. I heard them talking about canna while we were both in the same place and decided to ask them about what they were doing. Super nice guy! :greenstars:

Overall I recieved 13 seeds from them and I tried to germinate 3.

1 has survived the abuse and is finally growing.
I tried to use seed starter soil that just stayed too wet and this guy started to damp off after struggling since coming up a month ago.
I put it in my dry 1pt Peat, 1pt Perlite, 1pt com aeration, 1pt com growers mix.

Now it might want to grow for me.

3/17

View attachment 18988350

3/29
View attachment 18988353

4/1
View attachment 18988355

4/8
View attachment 18988351

4/13
After dry soil blend on 4/10

View attachment 18988352

Update later.
Thanks for sharing your work with us friend. Good luck I hope you get a nice female. I'm riding with you for a while.

I Care

This is the latest news available on this one.
In the 1pt Peat 1pt Perlite 1pt COM Aeration 1pt COM Growers Mix

image.jpg
Have been side watering and it’s nursing the first (edit: and only) one/three that came up and nearly damped off.

image.jpg

This is one/two I put down last week. Have been drizzling water over the top through the days. Had to lay it down and put soil on top of it, then a little water on top to get it to release seed husk.

^ This is where I really struggle with seeds, I usually have them give up on me about here. Just have to hope light, temp, humidity and soil saturation is okay for this one. Because I have nothing to monitor these things.

Last edited:

I Care

Couple photos from last week. The older seedling. And the sprout needing some extra attention.

Attachments

• IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1475.jpeg
    IMG_1475.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7

I Care

I really don’t keep track of dates very well. Beautiful little plants here. They are just going to live in these little pots for a while. My chosen methods are causing sloth like performance for starting seedlings.

The kinda funny thing is that this is the first thing I got. Then I kinda jumped really far ahead with a lot of other things to do and work on dialing in my limits. It just works out works out that I started these a little behind everything else.

I am having issues across the board with nutrient imbalances I have been unwilling to address. I need to get some Dimond K to get working on deficiencies in the mix. Knowing I’ll use it anywhere, it should be a justifiable expense.

Ones nearly two months working on ‘em the other is been about 3 weeks of keeping a close eye on ‘em. I did start the first plantings at a perfect time for outdoor season, well for cannabis. I jammed myself up too early for vegetables and now I’m going to have to defoliate when I am hungry.
IMG_1643.jpeg

There is a certain strawnanna that I hope these can replicate in some way. It was an excellent night use and was not overpowering with flavor. Was one of the best I’ve smoked for bedtime purposes. I kinda have no choice but to grow this. Last I checked, there was none coming back. Really want to have that same flavor and effect whenever I smoke before bed.

I’m figuring this seed thing out, I will hopefully be able to find this to be the perfect strawnanna sleep aid. The effect from the smoke as I experienced. The trim would make edibles for pure ultra lounge. Eventually these will hopefully make some chill weekeder low potency snacks.

I have a good spread on the board for pre approved med traits, this one is the one I’m really rooting for to be exact. Big Thanks to the Irie Man for blessing me up.

I may have to name these after my dogs, just dedicate these to her. For being there with me the day I got these seeds. She was gone the next. Big piece of me, I really want to these strawnanna to work and I can really do some good.

Latest posts

Latest posts