What's new

Voting of October 2008

Kit

How did you feel about it?

I think there was very little advertising and it was a nice result 37.5% lol

Any future news about decrim/legalization in Switzerland should be treated here, in order to prevent chaos.

:joint:

93|93

hey kit! nice you swiss people have a subboard now! :yes:

I'm from germany and we fevered hardly for you swiss people and pressed our thumbs. too bad it didn't work.

talking about advertising...yeah. there was an half-side ad in those german grow-mags last year. in my oppinion it was simply a piece of shit.
made from (too)stoners for stoners. a stupid comicstyle with a REAL stupid message in my oppinion. the same shit the "hanfparade" dudes use to do in germany either.
nonsense kiffer-shit if you ask me.

if the message doesn't come tight, progressive and "society-conform", and above all: INFORMATIVE, then it simply will be ignored by lots. and I think that happened in switzerland also.

I've taken one of the mags yet to read that ad again.
it shows nothing but a bad painted comic-dude who points against the reader, saying:
"this is our chance: tell your friends and stay tuned!".
in german. but the "stay tuned" part in english:

"Das ist unsere Chance: Sag' es deinen Freunden und stay tuned!"

I mean: WHO the fuck would care for this ad? no information, except a little headline "volksabstimmung in der schweiz am 30.11.2008" and the url to the hanfinitiative-website at the bottom.

those advertisements MUST compete to those of the "big commercials". they have to be as tight and "in your face", as an ad for the new superduper mercedes benz or nestlé or milka-chocolate or like those of the parties when it comes to votings.
otherwise it won't reach those people, who do not smoke but maybe would have been voted "pro" if they'd ever had been informed about it.

but to put this in the "stoner" way...is the wrong way. we are not only "stupid drugtaking stoners". by far not. but how shall it change, if even the initiators of those initiatives are too noob to even create a tight advertising? it's the same shit here in germany either.

Kit

I agree, also there was a huge confusion with their websites! i sent many e-mails to them asking how could i help in my region, if i could get fliers, no one ever got back to me.

There is need for a change and get a new group working on that, one that knows how to do things. All that wasted money could have been used to send a small flier that explained the truth about cannabis to all houses in switzerland. But not in the stoner way, with medical and historical reports.

Yeah I wasn't here when they voted, but I registered in my local embassy to vote, but they never sent me shit, lol!!!! I wanted my vote to count! =(

Anyway, I only "heard" what I could online on swiss websites and I got the impression the proposal wasn't too well organized! It was a shame! But anyway, I got this feeling cannabis won't be ilegal, or at least prosecuted in 5-10 years and that isn't so bad.

But yeah it sucks ass, not only cause they won't legalize, but cause right now the Swiss Law on cannabis is rather strict(notice that the actualy policy changes from canton to canton), but on national level, I'm not even allowed to legally smoke at my house or possess cannabis. AGAIN, I'm talking about the theory, the actual enforcement of these laws change by canton.

Kit

Yeah I wasn't here when they voted, but I registered in my local embassy to vote, but they never sent me shit, lol!!!! I wanted my vote to count! =(

Anyway, I only "heard" what I could online on swiss websites and I got the impression the proposal wasn't too well organized! It was a shame! But anyway, I got this feeling cannabis won't be ilegal, or at least prosecuted in 5-10 years and that isn't so bad.

But yeah it sucks ass, not only cause they won't legalize, but cause right now the Swiss Law on cannabis is rather strict(notice that the actualy policy changes from canton to canton), but on national level, I'm not even allowed to legally smoke at my house or possess cannabis. AGAIN, I'm talking about the theory, the actual enforcement of these laws change by canton.
actually the parliament after the voting on the reform of the drug law (the one that allowed medical use of cannabis and distribution of heroin to addicts under medical control) said that this was a first step, and actually said to vote no on the cannabis initiative because they want to change cannabis-related laws in a second step to follow, given that all the votings in favor of harshening cannabis laws got sunk really bad, i'm expecting a softening of em, maybe following portugal's example, where only trading is illegal.

Nice... Now I'm registered here in Ticino and I can vote!! So as soon as they make any proposals and it's voting time I'm gonna be the first one standing in line!! :D