What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Virginia: What's Everyone Growing?

Capital_Florica

Figured, we ought to get some dialogue going around here with the season officially kicking off July 1st! What's everyone growing?

I'm starting off with a couple bag of seeds just to get a feel for things. I'm not really expecting much out of my first couple runs, and more want to gain a familiarity with the plants' lifecycle. I'm running at 400W HPS with a standard shaped enclosed hood. I've been lugging this thing around for almost ten years, and it's a couple of years older than that, so we'll see how long it lasts. At some point, I'd like to get some dividers up in the room I'm using in order to be able to have an area for flower and an area for vegetation. Ideally in the future just having a mother, and cutting three clones from her every run.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I got a Dreamin Dubble, a Quantum Kush and a Williams Wonder cross outside.
BUnch more inside.

This floppy mess is a Williams Wonder cross. Shes going to need support,she can barely support herself now in veg.
edit*
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210703_122848638.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	17891502
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210702_130250588.jpg Views:	0 Size:	178.5 KB ID:	17891503
Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210703_122843189.jpg Views:	0 Size:	176.1 KB ID:	17891504

Last edited:

Capital_Florica

I got a Dreamin Dubble, a Quantum Kush and a Williams Wonder cross outside.
BUnch more inside.

This floppy mess is a Williams Wonder cross. Shes going to need support,she can barely support herself now in veg.
edit*

I must of been asleep! You said the William's Wonder is in veg, so it's obviously the floppy one pictured outside. It looks great, I'm sure it'll explode once it starts flowering. What is the reddish one flowering, I love the color.

Can I ask what made you go with those cultivars? Have you noticed the ones outside do well with our growing seasons here in the state? Also curious about local breed cultivars, I'd love to know of some that have been breed in state. :greenstars:

Here are my four girls, will start a Grow Journal thread here soon to give more of a run down. This is from a couple days ago, I just topped them the other day. They're about a month and a half old. I'll probably put them into flower in another 2-4 weeks depending on how they react to the topping. The seedlings around it and the plants below are Zinnia flowers, ha! I've been really getting my gardening on this season.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20210703_122848638.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.2 KB ID:	17891502

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
The one with purplish red color is quantum kush.
Im indoor grower, but I put a few plants out each year.
Mostly bud Rot. Lol. Most cultivars don't like our humid summers.
I find that it helps to put plants where they get the early morning sun. This helps to burn off the dew earliest as possible. You don't want dew sitting on the plants till noon.

These plants I put outside this year are just an experiment. I had extras so I put them outside.
Outside I have Dreamin Dubble, quantum kush and Williams Wonder.
I've grown the DD inside before, the qk and we inside will be chopped next week.

The best strain I've seen do well outside was Purple Satellite from Ace. They finished in September! Before bud Rot cane along.
lemon amnesia from Barneys did well a few years ago.

On average in my experience, the squatter more indica leaning plants with thick buds are the ones that mold the worst.
I have better luck with more internodal space plants

PassionForMJ

TrainWreck /ATF/MTF, whatever name you want to call it, that is tasty but only if you like lemon piney flavor.
I liked it, but to be honest it did not get me as high as I expected, or it could be I am not too used to Sativa's, it is mainly hybrids for me...

I just got some baby Grandaddy Purples, germed in 3 and 4 days.
I have a thread in soil grows and will post pics when I can.

DRorganic

Veteran
3 Thai one Bruce banner outside .band one of my own a cross of Thai x Bruce banner.i call her Bruce lee

Attachments

• IMG_2022-08-07-18-57-08-506.jpg
    IMG_2022-08-07-18-57-08-506.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2022-08-07-18-55-33-382.jpg
    IMG_2022-08-07-18-55-33-382.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 73

Latest posts

Latest posts