What's new

vertical lighting

G

Says who? I can see if it was in a room with mutiple bulbs. Plus if you have some vertical bulbs you can put them between the plants and give the lower branching light. I guess for this situation it would be better.
But lets say in a closet or cabinet, the light needs to be directed towards the plant.

G

I use a combination in my cabinet now

I have a 600w Hortilux Cool tube running horizontal over the top of the canopy and have added (2) 100w Metal Halide bulbs hanging vertically in the corners. I will ultimately have (4) one in each corner. My cabinets flower side is only 36" x 36" x 60" with a 24" x 24" E&F table. 5 to 6 plants in flower at a time starting from clones. It's tight but works good.

What a difference...wow is all I can say.

Now all the under branches that were completely shaded from the 600w by the upper fan leaves and canopy are going nuts.

The 100w MH don't seem to get that hot and I remote mounted the ballast and the heat from the bulb radiates up so my exhaust grabs it at the top.

I read somewhere that mixing the spectrums (HPS and MH) gives killer results with the HPS being primary and supplementing it with MH.

My next closet plan calls for 5' x 5' x 9' room with a 1000w Hortilux Horizontal overhead (ducted umberella reflector, no cool tube) and 250w mh in the corners. A hybrid lighting system. I may switch over to bucket growing at that point to but I don't know.

For monster grows, with space not an issue, vertical lighting is much more effective and productive from what i've seen and read. Never been that free to grow myself

My .02

Texas Kid

poopypants

what about light movers, would it be possible to have a vertical hanging bulb on a 9 foot track, if so that would be fucking sick