What's new

vertical lighting spacing and placement

ShootinBudz

I am confused a little bit on the vertical lighting issue, and how to best place them. Pictures like this one bubbleman posted in the hash forums show vertical light bulbs hanging well above the tops of the plants, so that all the light shining outward, horizontally is not directly hitting the plants on their facing sides. Apparently, things are doing just fine with the room being reflectorized or painted white so that all light bounces around the room and just makes the room so damn bright that the plants go wild.

Is it necessary to have the vertical bulbs surrounded by the plants, or should you just hang them above the tops in a highly reflectorized room? If this works so well then I am wondering why the common practice has always been to use a reflector and grow on a horizontal table.

With 1000 watt bulbs, what is the optimum radius and distance from adjacent bulbs? For 600 watt bulbs?

WormSlayer

Yeah that photo looks more like a regular grow with no shades... Maybe the lights were raised when it was taken?

This is what I call vertical :p

ShootinBudz

an octagon type setup, small plants on racks is obviously vert. I am wondering about big plants, filling up rooms and using bare hanging bulbs to light the space.

P

PonicalChillin

interested in this as well.

A friend is planning a 9 600w grow and was thinking about going with vertical bare bulbs for simplicity sake. Doesn't get any easier then bare vertical sixes over say 36 plants in a mult-flow.

Vertical bulbs done in the picture posted above is much more appealing then going vertical with only a few plants and placing the bulbs right on the sides of the plants like in a krusty style setup. Too lengthy of veg needed for that.

Latest posts

Latest posts