What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

versatile reliable timer

satyr

High Buddies

I am doing a wintergrow in a basement. Problem is low temperature during the nightcycle. I've already went from continous venting to venting 15 min every 45 minutes.
This is still too much. Reason probably being a 1000 m3/h blower and only 15-17 m3 to vent.
I cant find a timer that will give me 30 vents a day, 3 to 5 minutes per vent.
I have seen Oldsmoker's link to a DYI kit (auto PH kit) where you buy an IC kit solder it yourself and then can make it a timeswitch that gives you the minutes you need.
Is there anyone who knows of a plug and play solution. For now i have made a bundle of timers a mix of an electronic and a mechanical one, but its not really a viable longterm solution - and I dont like it.

Anyone with the perfect timer ?

blackone

Veteran
I would buy a dimmer - or add more light. How many watts are you burning? :)
If you're using cooltubes then you could lead the intake air through them for preheating.
I've been having the same problems as you because I vented out the chimney and kept the window of the basement room open for air intake. Since I closed the window it has been better, but now I have to be careful it doesn't get too hot.
If you're not going to be venting all of the time do you have circulation fans? They should also help distribute the hot air from the lamp.

Smeden

Hello Satyr.

I can see your problem... And dont know where to buy a timer wirh 30 settings a day. But I have bought one timer with 10 programs (on/off's). So in theory you could buy 3 of these, and let them all get 220 v. then use #1 timer to switch from 00.00 to 08.00 - #2 timer from 08.00 - 16.00 and #3 timer from 16.00 - 24.00. That will give you 30 on / off's during 24 hours.

Perhaps not the smartest way, but if you cant find another way, then this is possible. 3 digital timers like that costs round 50 euro in Denmark.

Cheers

satyr

High Blackone.

Daycycle is not a problem on the contrary. Nighttime is though. I am using a dimmer on the vent but it still pumps too much air out , I do have a 200 m3 hour pump aswell, but i would prefer to make a very swift and short burst only shifting the air a few times per cycle.

Smeden: Thanks, but thats me present solution using a electronic timer inserted in a mechanichal one, but frankly it offends my sense of order and quality, so I am lusting for a qualty solution, which may very well, it seems, take me to solderingland and start a hobby electronics carreer which I dont really have the time for.

But there must be a more commonly used device for this purpose. I cant be the only one wanting full control over my timer. Anyone ?

Szslack

Godt med feedback - havde jeg vidst det havde jeg ikke smidt linket. Håber ikke du fandt ud af det på "den hårde" måde.

satyr

MoS said:
Eller et relæ mellem døgnuret og lamperne, så tager relæet nemlig skraldet, har jeg eks. kan købt færdigt som en boks hos Hanfburg med udtag til 6 x 600 watt.

God weekend...

M0S:D

Hvad har 6x600watt med mange tændslukfunktioner at gøre ?

Bortset fra det har hanfburg et relæ der kan sættes i timeren der så begrænser

tiden strømmen er på fra 3 - 60 minutter. Det er sgu bare så besværligt at handle med hanfburg med de ficking dyre bankoverførsler...

G

Det er da beklageligt, man kommer med andre gode ideer.

high hopes...

MoS:D

Last edited: