What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vermont Thread

Petrochemical

20220421_074604.jpg
20220421_074607.jpg

Attachments

• 20220421_074555.jpg
    20220421_074555.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 88

Petrochemical

You really think Phil Scott paid for his race car with his Construction Company how many of these dick has aside from Dick's ears have been growing pot illegally in their f****** properties up in philbilly Belvedere and selling it to who knows who in New York City since time to memoriam now acting like they're here waving their hand in Montpelier making everything better my God just hook me up with somebody locally that I can reciprocate towns with so that I can have a headstash it's different than what I'm growing and I'm good be a good dude be chill don't try to act like something you're not and we'll get along fine

radioman

On a side note ~ I've been getting all the supplies that I need for the upcoming Grow Season. I've really noticed the price increase on all the Fertilizers, Starting Mix, Worm Castings and Growing Mediums this year. I usually buy my supplies this time of year while everything is in stock. Since I noticed the price increase, I really stocked up so I won't have to buy much of anything for awhile. Good Luck Everyone on their Outside Grows this year - Have Fun!...

yardgrazer

Well... legal sales begin tomorrow (in three locations throughout the state). It'll be interesting to see what kind of turnout they get, and how long supplies last.

radioman

We have one of those shops open now where I live. I haven't yet had the need to use it or buy anything - so I have not entered it. I see people coming and going - no big crowd but I believe on opening day there was a line...
I had a very good personal grow this summer & just finished up harvesting on Sunday. We haven't had a hard freeze here yet - only down to 31 for an hour (twice). I still have Peppers to pick (been covering them)...
My neighbor grows Cannabis (along with vegetables) in his back yard & He still has a couple plants back there. Not sure what strain He has going but they are still green...
This summer was very hot and dry. Then September came and We had tons of rain. Plenty of rain in October too. Last year - The weather was nicer last year during September & October. This year - I actually had a better cannabis harvest as I made sure to pick the Early Plants at peak ripeness & not let them die or mold...
I also planted a new strain from seeds that I made in 2019 & never got around to trying - Blue Kush x Vermont Outdoor. Very Nice plants, No mold issues or any problems at all - an easy grower. I had a few indoors this Summer under LEDS & have been pleasantly enjoying my outdoor adventures with this strain...
I plan on growing a few plants this winter but I haven't yet decided on what I want to grow. Do I plant some of the seeds that I already have or buy a couple of new strains? I was thinking that I could possibly buy some weed from the shop to try out (when I'm ready) & then buy a strain or two that I really like for my needs...

Plookerkingjon

My business partner bought a house by Colchester pond, nice little area out here are you guys are infested with f****** ticks up here though my gosh. So I went down to this place in Burlington and apparently this state has caps on all their Edibles and pictures and stuff so nobody can get anything like how do you guys get around that here I have somebody that didn't bring with them stuff from Freiburg that they were needing now thinking that they were going to be able to get it here what the f*** are these people in the legislation thinking because a lot of folks that need acute treatment can only get it by eating it not smoking it I digress

Plookerkingjon

We have one of those shops open now where I live. I haven't yet had the need to use it or buy anything - so I have not entered it. I see people coming and going - no big crowd but I believe on opening day there was a line...
I had a very good personal grow this summer & just finished up harvesting on Sunday. We haven't had a hard freeze here yet - only down to 31 for an hour (twice). I still have Peppers to pick (been covering them)...
My neighbor grows Cannabis (along with vegetables) in his back yard & He still has a couple plants back there. Not sure what strain He has going but they are still green...
This summer was very hot and dry. Then September came and We had tons of rain. Plenty of rain in October too. Last year - The weather was nicer last year during September & October. This year - I actually had a better cannabis harvest as I made sure to pick the Early Plants at peak ripeness & not let them die or mold...
I also planted a new strain from seeds that I made in 2019 & never got around to trying - Blue Kush x Vermont Outdoor. Very Nice plants, No mold issues or any problems at all - an easy grower. I had a few indoors this Summer under LEDS & have been pleasantly enjoying my outdoor adventures with this strain...
I plan on growing a few plants this winter but I haven't yet decided on what I want to grow. Do I plant some of the seeds that I already have or buy a couple of new strains? I was thinking that I could possibly buy some weed from the shop to try out (when I'm ready) & then buy a strain or two that I really like for my needs...
If you ever feel like sharing pics of that blue Kush from on outdoor I'd love to see what you got going on there, I do remember hunting camp stories of some guys bringing some pot up to northern Maine from an area called Belvedere Mr Belvedere whatever I think it was Belvedere with some really good some of the best part I ever smoked came from northern Vermont Northern New York outdoor plots

radioman

Nice stretch of weather here lately in Vermont. Anyway, I went by the Cannabis Shop the other day - They are open 11-6 with Tuesdays & Wednesdays closed. They were busy when I rode my bike by the shop with a full parking lot + cars with out of state license plates. I still haven't entered it yet - my weed is all dried now & I still have to deal with putting it away for storage...
I didn't take any pictures while harvesting but I did some video clips. The Blue Kush plants were only about 5' tall and starting to flop over but I planted them close so the others were supporting them. No mold problems at all. One plant out of nine had purple buds...
With the Fruity Pebbles Strain - Some of them, around half, finish up about 2 weeks earlier than the other ones. The bigger ones seem to vegetate more & start to Flower later. I noticed that last year as well. Also I have been getting some purple budded plants but the ones I like the best are the purple leaf with the green buds...
It was an OK growing season but We needed more rain in the Summer. Some of my soil was like powder from lack of moisture. The 4 plants that I planted in wetter soil were huge, a couple were giants. Alot of my plants were only around 5' & bushy but very healthy. Some of them were flopped over & a couple had broken from the top weight when I pecked them. I didn't do any seed plots this year as I have been doing them the last few years...
For the upcoming inside winter grow - I'm thinking of using my own seeds but going to the grow store to try out some of their premixed soil. I have a bunch of growing supplies but I want to experiment around a little bit...
I hope that Everyone had a Happy Growing Experience this past season...

radioman

Well another Legal Weed Shop opened up in town yesterday - Somewhere on the Mountain. I haven't yet ventured into the first one yet - Mountain Girl Cannabis. I have heard news of another one possibly opening as well. I think it is good for the market to have more than one shop owned by different people...
Personally, I'm going to try to keep growing & try to be self sufficient. I like the "growing experience" + I'm frugal - Weed costs a lot in those shops & I don't want to pay the tax. However, I'm all for the shops - let people shop & buy what suits them. People (of Legal Age) should be legally able to buy Cannabis Products just as some people choose to buy Alcoholic Beverages...

radioman

I just read in "Seven Days" - 5 strains were pulled from the shelves of 5 cannabis stores after testing positive for "Eagle 20EW fungicide" . The strains were grown by 'Holland Cannabis' - Someone got sick after consuming some of it that was legally bought in one of the shops. The grower could lose their license + face fines - which I think should happen...

radioman

On a whim - Yesterday I decided to buy some weed from one of the shops in my town - Mountain Girl Cannabis. I ordered "Key Lime Pie" online - got texted and emailed back that my order was ready. Walked in the shop and was floored by the smell! Met with the "Shop Keeper" at the window. He had my order all ready, checked my ID and even gave Me a 10% discount for being a U.S. Navy veteran - imagine that. I paid $45 (Tax included) for a nice little, well labeled glass jar of Premium Cannabis Flower!...

radioman

Well after consuming most of the weed I bought - I'd have to say sadly - I'm not really all that impressed by legal weed. Not yet anyway. My weed that I grow is better - even my outdoor grown. The weed I bought was supposed to have 28.6% THC but every time after I smoked some of it - I returned to my own weed after to get completely "High". It smelled great, the taste was good. Smooth smoking - but for Me it was just OK. The way I grow weed, when I put all myself into it, is just better. Their weed was also overly "Dry" - I have lots of weed left over from the Fall Harvest that is dried and cured but not overly "Dry" like theirs...
I'm glad that weed is legal now and the shops are open. I'm not saying I won't ever return but as long as I have my own - I won't. I don't want to brag or criticize them but I just prefer my own. I guess it's like growing tomatoes - You can grow better tomatoes at home than You can buy at a store...

radioman

Alright I just sat down and did a comparison test. Shop weed VS. Non shop weed. My neighbor, Jessica gave Me a bud of "Grape Soda". She likes to smoke and knows her weed. Her weed is by far better in looks, smell taste and high than the shop weed. I'm just going to keep the remaing shop weed in the fancy jar - if I ever finish it - then I might consider going to a shop again. She said that She tried the shop once too out of curiosity... Also saw on the News tonight another Licensed Cannabis Grower was fined and sanctioned for breaking the rules - Green River Cannabis. I think a lot of Novice Growers are trying to grow licensed commercial grows and they are clueless on what they are doing. Overtime certain growers and strains will stand out in the Legal Market. Some growers will just drop out... Now I'm going to smoke some of the weed I grew!...

yardgrazer

Well after consuming most of the weed I bought - I'd have to say sadly - I'm not really all that impressed by legal weed. Not yet anyway. My weed that I grow is better - even my outdoor grown. The weed I bought was supposed to have 28.6% THC but every time after I smoked some of it - I returned to my own weed after to get completely "High". It smelled great, the taste was good. Smooth smoking - but for Me it was just OK. The way I grow weed, when I put all myself into it, is just better. Their weed was also overly "Dry" - I have lots of weed left over from the Fall Harvest that is dried and cured but not overly "Dry" like theirs...
I'm glad that weed is legal now and the shops are open. I'm not saying I won't ever return but as long as I have my own - I won't. I don't want to brag or criticize them but I just prefer my own. I guess it's like growing tomatoes - You can grow better tomatoes at home than You can buy at a store...

Out of curiosity... what did you try?

I have yet to visit a VT dispensary, but I've felt similarly about the vast majority of the MA dispensary flower I've tried.

yardgrazer

In the meantime, I did get around to picking up a few grams from some of the local shops that do deli-style. I feel like the flower was better than the flower I've had from Mass dispensaries, FWIW. I'm still not sure how I feel about the super-manicured flower, my favorite unregulated market flower back in the day was always nicely trimmed, but not buzz-cut, still a little sugar leaf. My own flower... I don't trim to that degree.

radioman

Yesterday while eating at McDonald's - I noticed that next door, across from the State Fairgrounds - A new Dispensary is going to be opening - The Gas Station - Good name since it used to be a gas station many years ago. I think the last business was a butcher shop. Anyway, I would like to see them offer some different strains than the standard Cookies, Pie, Cake and OG strains that the other 2 shops are offering on their Menu. How about some Skunk strains? Right now there isn't one Skunk strain listed on either shops Menu. When I look at the prices - I think they are outrageous - Who wants to pay $60 a slice for a bag of weed?...

yardgrazer

Definitely agree on the flower offerings being pretty one note. I picked up a gram of four different strains, and while they smell pretty nice and taste decent... when it comes down to it they're all pretty similar. Also... I've spent a fair amount of time smoking them over the last few days and I'm often left wondering if I'm feeling much of anything? Also, is this shit just crazy well manicured, or tumbled? So dense and uniform looking, and yet... I dunno.

FWIW in some areas you can get a $35 eighth.

Latest posts

Latest posts