What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Varin decarbing.

Maple_Flail

Any experience with decarbing varin cannabinoid varieties to maximize the decarbed varin constituent?

anything other than speculation is welcome ( no offence, i can do that myself)

for refence I am considering working with a 3:1 thc:THCV blend, and do not particularly care about the effect on THC ( ie, i know most of it will disappear.. THCV is the goal)

Cheers

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Any experience with decarbing varin cannabinoid varieties to maximize the decarbed varin constituent?

anything other than speculation is welcome ( no offence, i can do that myself)

for refence I am considering working with a 3:1 thc:THCV blend, and do not particularly care about the effect on THC ( ie, i know most of it will disappear.. THCV is the goal)

Cheers
Wow, that's a super interesting friend. Can you explain more about this because I don't know what varin constituent is? Show us how you do it so we can learn from you.

Maple_Flail

well mainly THCV and CBDV, like their non varin counterparts. They have acid forms, that need to be decarbed to be active in edibles or an oil for example (topical is very interesting, but due to how scare it is I've not dabbled yet)

if you go by their evaporation points, much like cbn, thcv and other varins have much elevated evap temps vs THC and CBD. so in my mind this means their decarboxylation point is either higher or the simple rate of decarbing is slower.

much like if you have CBD flower, you can decarb it higher and longer than THC flower without degradation.

For the life of me, I can't find any information about this.. any study I can find mentions THCV/THCVA but it is never a part of the results for some reason....

dealing with post surgical arthritis patient and an adrenal/kidney issue patient. Both have shown marked improvements using 20-40mg THCV(unknow ratio between D8thcv and D9thcv) every 4-6 in conjunction with 10-20mg cbn.. and wee are running out of THCv capsules

the human we got them from is a less than savoury sort, looking for a more detailed and reliable option. I've not found an method outside of fancy hobby science that i am just not good with or expensive lab testing to verify what I am looking for.

I have no problem testing, just no way to verify.