What's new

Valentine's Day holiday trip to Vancouver, oops!

Presto_D

I made plans to road trip up to Vancouver from the states for a little holiday tourism.
Just now I noticed that that is also the first weekend of the Olympics.

I know no one really knows what to expect, but is the city going to still be entertaining to visit?
What do some of you in the area think?

I had planned to stop by Vancouver Seed Bank and wander downtown, then have dinner reservations right by Stanley Park.
Should I worry at all about increased security? I won't be carrying anything, but halfway hope to meet some friendly folks at the seed bank, you know. Carry eyedrops, I guess? :)

I made plans to road trip up to Vancouver from the states for a little holiday tourism.
Just now I noticed that that is also the first weekend of the Olympics.

I know no one really knows what to expect, but is the city going to still be entertaining to visit?
What do some of you in the area think?

I had planned to stop by Vancouver Seed Bank and wander downtown, then have dinner reservations right by Stanley Park.
Should I worry at all about increased security? I won't be carrying anything, but halfway hope to meet some friendly folks at the seed bank, you know. Carry eyedrops, I guess? :)

There is an article floating around the site that basically says the police will not be inclined to pursue petty pot charges during the games. You'll be fine in that regard. I imagine you will still encounter a lot of friendly people (especially at the seedbank :biggrin: ), and the city should be a lot of fun to visit during the games. It will be PACKED with people, though. The more the merrier, I guess....

yupppp illl be going up there as well but not during that time hope the security/cops dont harras me for burnin in public

Vancouver is a very vibrant city with plenty to see and do no matter what your interests are. It is very pot friendly, so finding some while you're there shouldnt be much trouble at all. There are numerous places in the city that offer smoking lounges, but in general as long as you exercise some discretion while smoking you wont likely have any problems whatsoever. As Carefreelivin noted however, with the Olympics in progress it will be really busy there, so expect your travel times to various areas within the city to be longer than usual.
Enjoy your holiiday! :D

Norrath

beachhouse in west vancouver, north shore, or the cannery on the south shore near second narrows(iron workers memorial bridge) would be awesome dinner date ideas both overlooking the water both can see stanley park if that's your thing, but both are not NEAR stanley park and the chaos downtown i forsee for olympics, but that's anyones guess till we see what the city turns into with extra population.

salmon house on the hill would be good too, as long as reservations for all are made. maybe now...lol

check ou tthe blocked roads down town for the olympics, plan accordingly, kinda a headache already....that's for sure.

ooooh get a merlot or cab. sauv burrowing owl for red wine. uniquely BC. and wow, new fav hands down. im ordering it on my date, FO SHO. i visited their winery last summer up in i want to say oliver.......but it was a road trip and i cannot recall exactly

dmt

Veteran
if i was you i would park and stay outside of the vancouver city limits. no cars without special permits are allowed in van or whistler. van has the nations best public transit routes, and travelling on foot is more enjoyable and will be easier on you and yours, d

Norrath

i hear hour long wait for skytrain at that time..............

probably not a bad estimate either, ever tried waiting after a canucks game? ooooooooooooh

Latest posts

Latest posts