What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vacation watering and a security question.

G

Gr8fulbud

This is not my first post to this site but I pulled the plug on my account when I read that if you had a digcamera that had been sent in for servicing that your images could be linked to a specific camera and therefore expose the owner. I'm not a particularly high-tech guy so if anyone could enlighten me about this possibility I would appreciate it.
Also, I will be leaving my micro grow for a week over the holidays and have five flowering females, four buds a-bursting, three golden colas, two clones rooting, and a partridge in a (oops, sorry I got carried away!) Like I said five females in flower, a starter bonsai mother and a few rooted clones. I don't have time for any glorified drip or wick systems but wondered if I could keep the 20 oz. bottles in a Sterilite box surrounded by wet perlite and not risk drowning the roots. Currently I have to water about every 3-4 days. Again I appreciate any input. Happy Holidays to everyone! :thanks:
Dig this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUszp9QFmq4

G

good drown

images get automatically stripped of all data when you upload them here

how big are the containers they are in?
i would get 2 liter bottles, fill with water, and put a tiny hole on the bottom of each one, one per plant. make sure the cap is off

G

Gr8fulbud

Thanks for the quick reply, Good. WTF are you doing awake at this hour?! I'm using the Dr. Bud style 20 oz. bottles placed in a Sterilite box to catch overflow. I'm thinking if I use the Sterilite as a bottom-feeding reservoir that root-rot might be a problem. I just wondered if anyone had used wet perlite and would it wick up enough moisture to keep the plants from shriveling over a period of a week? Thanks again.

*mr.mike*

I've gotten away with watering the plants very well, then putting them in standing water (about as much as you might water in your week or so) and just leaving the lights on the timer, or just on, depending.

A cotton rope wicking from a big bottle and stuck a few inches into soil will work good, too, but it has to be cotton. No poly.

maryjohn

Veteran
For the larger pots there is a cheap product called plant nannies. it accepts soda bottles. I started using them when I went on a trip. Now I use them all the time. I need to water about once a week.

Don't use perlite, it makes a mess. Use pebbles or gravel.

K

krushonkush

In DrBuds thread he left for a week too. If I remember right he filled a kitty pan/dish pan
with water and added a air pump....9 days later, things were great. good luck.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
images get automatically stripped of all data when you upload them here
This is not actually true. Check any of my photos and you'll see the info. (you have to save them to disk first, then go to Properties) Here's one as an example

No idea about the watering sorry. Good luck. Oh but yeah, the world is broke, nobody has the resources to track down a micro grow through something like that. It's legal to grow weed a lot of places now anyway so they don't care about personal growers imo. Another factor is that for my camera at least, there are no unique serial numbers in the tags. Just the camera model and the date/time and other unuseful stuff.

I heard it's iphones and things like that that you need to be careful with, with geocaching. Take a photo of your girls with location services turned on and it tags the photo with the location it was taken, or so I read. Personally I think it's really dumb that icmag doesn't strip out all the data. Rabble rabble!

Good luck man. :smokeit:

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Whatever happened to personal responsibility? If you want EXIF data removed, remove it before uploading. Further, a good IC member will resize their shots to no greater than 800x600 A 72 dpi. You'd be amazed at the number of people posting shots at 6 feet x 8 feet. We need snapshots, not pictures the size of a small room.

kkkeee

Use IrfanView to erase EXIF data, though if you don't have your GPS coordinates in it, I doubt it's worth the effort.

G

Gr8fulbud

Sorry about the picture...never heard of exif data...I'm outta here...take care.