What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Using Diatomaceous Earth as silica source

Cypo74

Hi lads n lasses, does anyone here use

Diatomaceous Earth as a silica source, mixed in with the soil?​

I’m using organic nutes and not sure if using liquid silica In my feed water might affect the soils ability to buffer the ph of my nutrient feed.

Been looking at Diatomaceous Earth and it seems to be a good soil conditioner

Just wondering if anyone uses it for a silica source, not just for combating fungus gnats?

Cheers for reading

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Hi lads n lasses, does anyone here use

Diatomaceous Earth as a silica source, mixed in with the soil?​

I’m using organic nutes and not sure if using liquid silica In my feed water might affect the soils ability to buffer the ph of my nutrient feed.

Been looking at Diatomaceous Earth and it seems to be a good soil conditioner

Just wondering if anyone uses it for a silica source, not just for combating fungus gnats?

Cheers for reading
How do you amend soil with diatomaceous earth?
To use diatomite in your garden, mix 5 pounds per 10 square feet, and mix it into the soil to a depth of 12 inches. It's also great for containers. Mix 10% by volume into your potting mix for most plants.

Can you overuse diatomaceous earth?
Side effects in people who work with diatomaceous earth in large amounts include serious lung problems, even lung cancer. Google

Latest posts

Latest posts