What's new

Used and Abused. Well.... I did it again.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Should work all right, remember rodents love them tender shoots. :tiphat:

No kidding. I rolled the dice a couple years ago and lost about 50 GG4 because I didn't cage them. They were about a foot high and sooooo healthy. They got chopped down like trees. Fuckers didn't even eat them. Just chop and move next.

I don't care how much work it is, now everything gets caged.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
No kidding. I rolled the dice a couple years ago and lost about 50 GG4 because I didn't cage them. They were about a foot high and sooooo healthy. They got chopped down like trees. Fuckers didn't even eat them. Just chop and move next.

they are looking for moisture, put some plant saucers in the patch with water in them for birds and rodents and they wont chew on your plants.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran

That might actually be a moose or a deer. They do the taste and spit quite often from what I've seen. You can usually tell from the stem, if it's a clean cut = Big animal. If it looks chewed = smaller animal like a rat or a mouse. Around here mice tend to go for seedlings only, and in spring time when or if there's nothing else to eat yet. Mice are hard to keep away, too. Those little suckers can squeeze thru a hole the size of a pencil, if they need to.

I had a 90cm (about 3 feet) fence around a seed spot a couple o years ago, and some long necked bastard still munched on me seed plants, spit em out and tasted the next plant, then the next plant and the next plant.. And yea that might look like a set-up for a spits or swallows joke, but I'm not even going there. I was pissed off back then, thought about taking me tent and me shotgun and go camping near the seed spot, wait for that sucker to come back and shoot em in the face!

But then I'm too lazy for that, so I just stayed home and complained about it online.

Big Eggy

Veteran
thought about taking me tent and me shotgun and go camping near the seed spot, wait for that sucker to come back and shoot em in the face!

But then I'm too lazy for that, so I just stayed home and complained about it online.

This really made me laugh, reminds me of someone.

dirty-joe

I wanted to show my outdoor clone again, 16 days after seeing visible roots (same plant as post #19 above).
This will be my bonsai mom for the winter (or one of, I plan to have 1 or 2 more).
It is now in a 4 inch pot where it will stay.
IMG_2999.JPG