What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US Fed legalization bill

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Even if they pump it with all the helium on the planet... it'll never fly. Should it actually pass, be prepared for a massive surge in the need for black market cannabis across the nation.

Vandenberg

The blackmarket party is still on due to over-taxation,
"party on wayne, party on garth" :)

California's effective tax rate ranged from $42 to $90 per ounce, depending on the jurisdiction, compared to an estimated wholesale production cost of $35 per ounce.
The corresponding rates in Colorado and Oregon, both of which have been more successful at displacing the black market, are about $33 and $21, respectively.

Despite modest tax relief approved this year, legal marijuana remains overpriced in California.
It is also inconvenient to buy in much of the state thanks to local sales bans that have created "massive cannabis deserts" where "consumers have no access to a legal retailer within a reasonable distance of their home."

Vandenberg :)

St. Phatty

Even if they pump it with all the helium on the planet... it'll never fly. Should it actually pass, be prepared for a massive surge in the need for black market cannabis across the nation.

I would like to buy some Helium, to make a Geiger Muller Tube. Which sounds fancy, but it's just a salad bottle filled with helium and 2 wires coming through the screw on lid.

They use Argon, Helium, or Neon.

But my primary source of Helium - the birthday balloons at the $ store - AIN'T GOT NONE.

I know a lot of products are gone forever in the post-Covid era.

But I hope we can buy Helium over the counter, sometime in the future.

audiohi

Veteran
I would like to buy some Helium, to make a Geiger Muller Tube. Which sounds fancy, but it's just a salad bottle filled with helium and 2 wires coming through the screw on lid.

They use Argon, Helium, or Neon.

But my primary source of Helium - the birthday balloons at the $ store - AIN'T GOT NONE.

I know a lot of products are gone forever in the post-Covid era.

But I hope we can buy Helium over the counter, sometime in the future.

You want to make a Geiger Muller Tube but can't figure out how to buy helium post covid?

interesting point

St. Phatty

You want to make a Geiger Muller Tube but can't figure out how to buy helium post covid?

interesting point

Well I could go to Airco or find another distributor, or contact a neon sign company.

But the $ store sells these HANDY balloons.

I wouldn't be surprised if I use a balloon for the first go round,
then buy a tank because it works better. It has fittings etc.

BUT there does seem to be a shortage, and I am told that "the Helium comes from Russia".

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Helium comes from TX. We shut out the supply of He to Germans before WW2, so they used Hydrogen. Hindenburg had Hydrogen.

Latest posts

Latest posts