What's new

Urgent help regarding nft

NutE1

Random plants keep dying on my nft for no reason. The ph and ec are at perfect level at all times and the tray are full of identical clones yet random plants just die out of knowhere. I’m completely confused to say the least and looks like I’m going to lose 6 months worth of work over this. Iv checked the roots of the dying plants and they’re white and basically perfect look so it can’t be Pythium and there are plants looking super healthy both in front and behind the effected plants so I’m assuming it’s not a oxygen issue or all the plants behind would be dead

has anyone had or know of this problem ?

Attachments

• B27898AC-5782-4788-BF46-C15AC5E876E8.jpeg
    B27898AC-5782-4788-BF46-C15AC5E876E8.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 30

Mithridate

Sounds like fusarium, did you check the trunk where the roots come out? Is it mushy?
depending on what size your rootballs are, you could have missed that.

Never happened to me in hydro(rdwc) but I remember isaac, a man with a very green thumb, having plants die out of nowhere and it ended up being fusarium. He grew in coco with a top feed thing, the hose was too close to the stalk etc

NutE1

Mithridate Checked the trunks and it's fine but just discovered that the plastic nut has severed on the far side of the tray causing it to drop significantly on that side so think iv solved it fingers crossed so i can salvage what i can. Absolutely gutted tbh taken out so much :( put a screw in there for now going to have to find a suitable replacement tomorrow this year and last has been nothing but bad luck for me 😫

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah that kind of yellowing out, and whole leaves rolling under a little, is generally too much water. Or perhaps we should say too little oxygen, as dwc kinda works. If you keep on top of the oxygen levels.
It's quite typical to find NFT tables doing this. Some designs are certainly better, but some are certainly worse.

Mithridate

This is excellent news, fusarium is a calamity.

Yeah, last year or two had its ups and downs.. but keep composure, work hard and think ahead. Things will get better :smoke:

Looking at the pic you posted, the affected plants should survive. I would not spray anything on them, but id probably wipe the underside of leaves with a towel dunked in mild seaweed solution to green em up a bit.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Random plants keep dying on my nft for no reason. The ph and ec are at perfect level at all times and the tray are full of identical clones yet random plants just die out of knowhere. I’m completely confused to say the least and looks like I’m going to lose 6 months worth of work over this. Iv checked the roots of the dying plants and they’re white and basically perfect look so it can’t be Pythium and there are plants looking super healthy both in front and behind the effected plants so I’m assuming it’s not a oxygen issue or all the plants behind would be dead

has anyone had or know of this problem ?

I'm glad I saw this thread. Your plants look very nice, what ec or ppm are you using?😎

NutE1

Creeperpark Usually sit between 1.3-1.6 ec in bloom, around 1.0-1.1 in veg & 0.7-0.9 for seedling/clones etc but my water is pretty hard it's 0.5/0.6 before i add anything. Got a growmax ro unit for future to use

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thank you for sharing some of your skills. That new RO will make a big difference in your grow and boost the CEC. You already know that you can't get a pH reading with a pocket pen from pure RO water. There's nothing in the water for electric conductivity, and so you will get false readings. If you add about 100 to 126 ppm or 0.2 ec. of cal-mag to the water you can get a reading with your pocket pen. Love your grow, Thanks for sharing. 😎

Roadblock

Are you using a spreader mat and are you cycling or constant feed, Ive had great results using matting and running for 5minutes every 3 hours, my gullies are diy trays at 500 mill wide, the cycling allows massive oxygen the plants go well and getting root mats around an inch thick they grow through the matting and build up underneath its such an easy system to run and it powers.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Are you using a spreader mat and are you cycling or constant feed, Ive had great results using matting and running for 5minutes every 3 hours, my gullies are diy trays at 500 mill wide, the cycling allows massive oxygen the plants go well and getting root mats around an inch thick they grow through the matting and build up underneath its such an easy system to run and it powers.

Roadblock your sit up sounds Killer, what kind of water do you use?😎