What's new

Urgent advice needed

Benefaktor

Strain Jack Herer auto,soil from the mall, dolomit, perlite, water ro plus Biobizz according to the label, pH 6.0- 6.5 , 12/12 light HPS 250 W 40 cm far, ventilation. Today is 13th week of flowering, last two weeks I gave her two shots of GH Ripen. The temperature is 21/17 day/night degrees centigrade, humidity 40-45%. The task: the trichoms still are clear few of them are milky or amber. According to the strain information from seed to harvest lasts 10 weeks.
IMG_20240119_200124 — kopia.jpg
IMG_20240119_200034 — kopia.jpg
IMG_20240119_200045 — kopia.jpg
What do I wrong?

flambocello

Not familiar with autos but seed germination to harvest in 10 weeks is extremely unlikely imo.

Photo period plants need 3-4 weeks to mature before the the plant will flower properly, trying to flower it before that just adds time to the flowering phase.

Benefaktor

As I said, the plant looks like as if it had stopped growing. Nothing happens. 13th week of flowering.

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Isn't gh ripen basically just an overdose of P? Causes the pistils to die off and not much else? I wouldn't bother with that next time. Sounds like it's very almost done. Tric's will continue to ripen after harvest for a few days if slow dried.

flambocello

Trichomes aren't a 100% reliable indicator of ripeness, some plants have trichomes that seem to stay clear.

Also some plants are nicer when a little under ripe while others are good when senescence is well underway.

Your environment all seems well within ideal range.

The problem with auto plants is you don't a get a chance to dial in a harvest time by taking cuttings.

Can't tell from photos but maybe your plant is ready or maybe it needs another week or 2.

Have you been taking test buds over the last few weeks?

Benefaktor

Trichomes aren't a 100% reliable indicator of ripeness, some plants have trichomes that seem to stay clear.

Also some plants are nicer when a little under ripe while others are good when senescence is well underway.

Your environment all seems well within ideal range.

The problem with auto plants is you don't a get a chance to dial in a harvest time by taking cuttings.

Can't tell from photos but maybe your plant is ready or maybe it needs another week or 2.

Have you been taking test buds over the last few weeks?
It was a big temptation but i did not do that. I will wait until the end, want to taste its full potential

Benefaktor

I did not say the plant was in a vegetative state for 5 weeks plus 13 weeks flowering, is it the longest living weed ever?

singlecoiled

I tell you what, it can be tough to tell cloudy trics from clear, at least for me. Amber is pretty obvious, but depending on your light source and how your looking at them, it can be tricky.

I use a loupe, (talk about a PITA)..and also use a camera with a macro lense. A lot of times, the light or flash on my camera will make clear trics appear cloudy. Later after cure, those same buds show clear trics under my loupe.

When they are really clear, they look like water and you know its too early, but sometimes they can look clear/cloudy which as I say, is tricky.. Are you sure yours are still clear?

Another thing to look at is the pistols, when they turn brown and curl in, its a good indicator that your getting really close. Some people use both methods, the pistols curling in and the trics turning cloudy/amber. (depending on the strain)

Thats a long flower time ! I'd be nervous about harvesting too early too after putting that much time in.... Look at the pistols and try a sample as some have mentioned above. Regardless, if the pistols are brown and curling in, your not going to be too far off. A little late or a little early wont be the end of the world. Some even prefer later or early depending on the high your after.. (a little early = more energetic high, Late = more couch lockish high....) Way too early or way too late = sucky weed.

Benefaktor

THX singlecoiled. Leaves turned soft, so I decided to made harvest. I dried the buds 14 days in 6-8 degrees centigrade, 50% humidity and then 7 days in the jar ventilated every day. Today I've tried it for the first time. The taste and smell is not satisfactory but I feel very good, not stoned, a little high. So far so good.