What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uploading video

Kree73

Hello. I am trying to find an idiot proof way of uploading video directly to my thread(s) . Problem is.... I can't seem to find a way to get this done.
Obviously I would rather avoid my real name being connected to any incrimination. So insta or YouTube or Facebook ( although I have accounts with them) probably won't give me the amanimity I would prefer .
Is there any way going forward , to be able to upload vids as well as pics in our diary / threads or even just because we wish to.?
Thanks for reading 😎

Cloneman

Veteran
Hi there, I upload vids to my media then can copy them to post in a thread. I do it like this...

Click media
click your albums
click the album you want
click add media button on the far right middle
click upload file
copy img/mov link, paste in thread

that's how I upload all my personal media

firewood vid from a few weeks ago
https://www.icmag.com/media/img_4120-mov.18712430/

Hopefully this works for you

Kree73

Hi there, I upload vids to my media then can copy them to post in a thread. I do it like this...

Click media
click your albums
click the album you want
click upload file
copy img/mov link, paste in thread

that's how I upload all my personal media

firewood vid from a few weeks ago
https://www.icmag.com/media/img_4120-mov.18712430/

Hopefully this works for you
Thanks muchly 👍
I shall try it out .

Kree73

Thanks muchly 👍
I shall try it out .
I've tried it . No joy per-say.
Is there a way to turn the pics from our threads into albums.
I can see all my old albums however cannot find a way to create one anymore.

I am trying to post a vid in relation to the Gorilla Seeds Comp... I am trying to post the vid directly to my thread.
This is the goal . A direct interface from my vid's and pics to the treads .
Any clues ?

Cloneman

Veteran
I can see all my old albums however cannot find a way to create one anymore.
Click media
go to the bottom of the "add media to" dropdown box, select create personal album
try that

I don't know a way of putting personal vids/pics directly in to a thread, just copying from an album

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Bookmarked...great how to.

Drlovekek

I get your concern about keeping your identity private while sharing videos. I had a similar situation where I wanted to share clips without revealing my real name. What worked for me was using anonymous video hosting sites. There are a few out there where you can upload videos without having to tie them to your personal identity. Just make sure you read their privacy policies to ensure your anonymity is protected.

Also, before uploading, I usually edit my videos to remove any personal info. I've been using this simple movie maker software that's easy to navigate. It lets me trim parts I don't want and add some basic effects to make the video more engaging. This way, I can share my content without worrying about personal data getting out.

Last edited: