What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UNLOCKING ENERGY: HOW LONG-FLOWERING SATIVA STRAINS WITH ANTI-INFLAMMATORY TERPENES ENERGIZE YOUR DAY

Verdant Whisperer

Long-flowering sativa strains are renowned for their uplifting and energizing effects on individuals. These effects are attributed to the unique terpene profiles found in sativa varieties. In this forum post, we'll explore how specific anti-inflammatory terpenes in long-flowering sativas may play a crucial role in boosting energy levels.

Terpenes: Nature's Anti-Inflammatory Agents

Terpenes are organic compounds found in cannabis and other plants. Some terpenes possess potent anti-inflammatory properties. They have the ability to modulate the body's inflammatory response, reducing excessive inflammation that can lead to fatigue and reduced vitality.

Specific Terpenes and Their Roles

1. Beta-Caryophyllene (BCP): This terpene stands out for its unique interaction with CB2 receptors. It is known for its robust anti-inflammatory properties, interacting with the body's endocannabinoid system to regulate inflammation.
  2. Nerolidol: Demonstrating potential in inhibiting the production or activity of pro-inflammatory molecules, nerolidol may help alleviate inflammation in the body.
  3. Borneol: Shows promise in inhibiting the production or activity of pro-inflammatory molecules, potentially making it a potent anti-inflammatory agent.
  4. Alpha Pinene, Terpinolene, and Limonene: These terpenes interact with immune cells and signaling pathways involved in inflammation. Their anti-inflammatory properties can potentially reduce inflammation, leading to increased vitality and energy levels.
The Power of Terpene-Cannabinoid Synergy

Terpenes often work synergistically with cannabinoids like THC and CBD to produce various effects. In the case of long-flowering sativa strains, the combination of these compounds may enhance the anti-inflammatory and energizing properties.

Balancing Inflammation for Enhanced Energy

By reducing inflammation, these anti-inflammatory terpenes may help balance the body's physiological responses. This can lead to an overall increase in energy levels, as excess inflammation is known to drain the body's resources and lead to feelings of fatigue.

Moreover, it's worth noting that long-flowering equatorial sativa strains tend to have lower CBD content compared to other types of cannabis. CBD, or cannabidiol, is another crucial cannabinoid known for its various therapeutic properties, including its potential to promote relaxation and alleviate anxiety. The absence of high CBD levels in these sativa strains, coupled with their THC dominance, may contribute to their more stimulating effects. The higher levels of THC in these strains, along with the specific anti-inflammatory terpenes, synergize to provide a potent energizing effect, making them ideal for those seeking an invigorating boost to their day.

In conclusion, long-flowering sativa strains with high levels of specific anti-inflammatory terpenes have the potential to boost energy levels in humans. These terpenes work in conjunction with the body's endocannabinoid system to alleviate inflammation, allowing for a smoother flow of energy signals and ultimately leading to increased vitality and well-being.

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

Long flowering Sativa's make me impatient.
Makes me restless and absorbs my energy levels ;)
Thankyou UFOpilot for your response, I can see that in people who are already high energy, and have open pathways, or people who are super blocked off in the sense a lot of inflammation, the anti inflammatory response can be uncomfortable and overwhelming. but that has more with how the mind interprets the effects than actual physiological effects on the body. totally different chemicals, but i consider the effects of LFS similar to shrooms(Psilocybin mushrooms), its alot of energy and at times can be uncomfortable if your not mentally prepared for that opening, and rush of energy.

Last edited:

Verdant Whisperer

Fascinating stuff man. I too feel a lot more benefits from these long flowering sativas. That why preservation's more important now than ever. Great read (y)
I found out last night from my buddy, that there may be a local strain here, hes going on a trip next month, to a area near where these indians still grow wild central american cannabis, hes going in october on a trip, and is going to try and find a guide, for us to go and trade some bags of rice, ect with local indians in order to get some long flowering equitorial genetics. excited about the possibility of this, itd be better to go in december or so early january so we could get the longest flowering strains, hopefully some that have 7-8 month life cycles, that are acclimated to the rainy seasons here.

RobFromTX

I found out last night from my buddy, that there may be a local strain here, hes going on a trip next month, to a area near where these indians still grow wild central american cannabis, hes going in october on a trip, and is going to try and find a guide, for us to go and trade some bags of rice, ect with local indians in order to get some long flowering equitorial genetics. excited about the possibility of this, itd be better to go in december or so early january so we could get the longest flowering strains, hopefully some that have 7-8 month life cycles, that are acclimated to the rainy seasons here.

Im a huge fan of south american genetics. About to start these in a few days. Grew it twice now A great strain to lift the spirits

UFOpilot

Long flowering Sativa's make me impatient.
Makes me restless and absorbs my energy levels ;)
Sorry, I was a bit joking.
What really makes me impatient is the fact that pure Sativas take so long in flowering.
I have two Nanda Devi's ,pure landrace Sativa's, and they aren't even starting flowering yet.