What's new

Ulster County NY??

Whats up everyone?

Im heading to upstate NY for a mini vacation this weekend. Any locals or travelers have any recomendations for things to do or see? I wont have all that much time so mostly looking for adventures that wont take more than a few hours to do. Ive already thought of going to Kaaterskill falls, supposedly a cool waterfall not to far off the beaten path. Also possibly tubing down a river if its warm enough out. I was gonna find yasgurs farm but I looked it up and its quite a hike to get there from where ill be. Im really interested in taking some pics of some of the 60's musicians homes that used to and still live there. If anyone knows the Street name that Big Pink is on please post it. Ive been there once but wont remember how i got there im sure.

RED145

LOL,all you slickers always call anything North of the GWB "upstate"LOL..Christ your still in the city!!at least as far as I'm concerned,have a great trip down there!!Actually,New Paltz is a hell of a nice town,old school enough to still retain some charm.Theres also about a dozen winery's in the area that have nice tours,cant help ya with Big Pink tho.Leaves are startin so the ride will be nice anyways.Have fun!

G

gotta agree with red on the upstate thing.......

i don't know that area at all to be honest.........i was gonna try to recommend a few based on the thread title, but it'd take you a bit to get out to the good spots near me. there's plenty to see all over though!!