What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Cheese.. Difference between Exodus and Brightside cuts..

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey Piff Rhys Jones and SPG, thanks for the responses. I'd love to experience her for a clear perception, 1 day I will ;). I've looked at the Cheesedog but skipped it because I was waiting for them to make more Sour Cheddar (had a lot of Chem genetics at the time and didn't want another chem cross) but I may snag a pack in the future. I've picked up Ultra Sonja (UK Cheese x BH IBL) and the 3 females I ran so far were okay but not cheesey at all (nothing similar to the BBC i'd run before).

Just recently had a friend give me 1 G13Labs Cheese fem and its also a hybrid but i'm not sure if it was backcrossed any, will have to check more on that. I just hope I snag a good cheese to run this season OD, for now I might go with either Exo Cheese or BBCheese til I find a real cut. Keep it cheesy ya'll and take care 1

P.S. Everybody from the 313 put ur hands up and follow me! B Rabbit B Rabbit! :)

chops

im extremely reluctant at getting it back, I found it a very unlucky plant to deal with, everyone gets robbed, everyone gets weird, everyone has problems when dealing with B's Cheese,,Cheese is gone is silly,

Over the few years I have encountered uk cheese these are some true facts about her you have typed there
One thing I do find with her is when you got plenty you get bored when you ain't got it you crave that shit but that's just me

S

SPG*

True :D I was thinking of the Prospect of Actually having it back when I came across those close by pics... New altered bscheese is a far better yield anyway! .:D!!lmao...

(Although slightly muted on the smell/taste front )

S

SPG*

Everybody from the 313 put ur hands up and follow me! B Rabbit B Rabbit! :D

Fock the Free world! :D.
"..pork chops come out his ass" Bahahah

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Hey frankenstein2, if you do a grow log of those i'd like to follow along. GL with that also. I think the BB's Cheese would be the 1 to get if you wanted a general cheese smell with larger yields (heard some phenos put the weight on) than the UK Cheese. I did quite enjoy the BB's Cheese when I grew it a few years back.

I love funky super stinky strains (as well as fruity types and everything between). I've been on a hunt for real RKS for years and love Skunk so Cheese is right up there. Out of all the cuts of UK Cheese floating around, i'd be after the 1 people are scared to grow because of the stink (which so far Brightside fits this bill, also the really low yielding red stem 1 sounds interesting). Being from the US and not well connected I've never had real UK Cheese but this what I search for and hopefully am successful in the near future. Maybe 1 day we could get a few of these cheese cuts gene tested and end the debate on who is the original UK Cheese! Til then i'm after the best thing out now :), which available to me would be the Exo Cheese (based on my research).

Anyone got anymore pics of their UK Cheese? I've always liked the look of it with the foxtail stacked calyxes. Ya'll take care 1

The exodus cheese is the only cheese. Everything else different is a knock off or a cross, brightsides is considered legit because it can be traced back to the exodus crew, anything that can be traced back to exodus can be considered legit. Anything that cant is questionabl. So there isnt really a debate about which one is real cheese, the only debate is which one is legit.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Ive always seen and heard good things about kalimans aka rocksters cheese. He was crossing and back crossing with sensi skunk males aswell. I rckon they are close in seed form.

mack 10

Veteran
Got my hand's on some great cheese buds, done in hydro, big fat stinking buds, really chunky.It'sthat cheese you get once in a while and it absolutely honks!
Like has been said when you haven't smoked it for a while you crave that cheese! lol...
This one has a really heavy comedown, more like a crash landing. Where you often need a nap to recover. Very tiring, The smoke is strong and up even a bit jumpy (sativa like), some get paranoid off the inital rush then the body/dreamy mongey effect kicks in.
Nice smoke, if you keep it for special occations, if you smoke it everyday all day... good luck getting anything done. ( because you have become a reclusive cheese addict! lol)
I will be getting this cut soon to see what it is? The guy said it had been bred to yield well, so not really sure what he meant there ? I will ask him again when I get some more.
For sure the best cheese ive smoked/smelled in a while. He said they get massive yield's off her, topping her loads and loads,then scrogg. The numbers he mentioned where twice the yield I get in soil...!!
Mack.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
The original cut did yield OK when dialled and vegged for sufficient time, especially in hydro or coco. True used to get it real fat, I'll see if I can find some photos.

Peace

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
110cheese_005_.jpg

110cheese_003_.jpg

110cheese_001_.jpg

110cheese_004_.jpg

These are some shots from True from 2007.

Peace

S

SPG*

^ very red leaf stems!? Lovely pics Piff n yes yield looks surprisingly good there!
Mind i grew this in june 2010 i think via nft and that was pretty good i remember..no pics
think WG took a photo! :D (a little prior to me Originalky being a member here)

Last edited:
S

SPG*

Got my hand's on some great cheese buds, done in hydro, big fat stinking buds, really chunky.It'sthat cheese you get once in a while and it absolutely honks!
Like has been said when you haven't smoked it for a while you crave that cheese! lol...
This one has a really heavy comedown, more like a crash landing. Where you often need a nap to recover. Very tiring, The smoke is strong and up even a bit jumpy (sativa like), some get paranoid off the inital rush then the body/dreamy mongey effect kicks in.
Nice smoke, if you keep it for special occations, if you smoke it everyday all day... good luck getting anything done. ( because you have become a reclusive cheese addict! lol)
I will be getting this cut soon to see what it is? The guy said it had been bred to yield well, so not really sure what he meant there ? I will ask him again when I get some more.
For sure the best cheese ive smoked/smelled in a while. He said they get massive yield's off her, topping her loads and loads,then scrogg. The numbers he mentioned where twice the yield I get in soil...!!
Mack.

The effects sound like Brightsides Mack (of what ive jus read) put up a pic dude!
:biggrin:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
And that's not even a debate.. Brightside = Exodus = "Real Cheez" (Cheez is how Brightside always spelled it)
yup I did say that in my post.. must be other true exodus around though. I heard of cheese long before I ever heard of Brightside.. so there must have been others passing it around.
I was told a while back that the brightside cut started to loose vigour etc.. is that true?

papaduc

Veteran
The exodus cheese is the only cheese. Everything else different is a knock off or a cross, brightsides is considered legit

.... or anything that exhibits the same characteristics?

I mean if a skunk cross looks and smells as good as the mother used in the cross, then that gets passed around as a good keeper quality clone, what's the difference really?

Straight question.

mack 10

Veteran
The only thing that matters is that YOUR smoking it! and that its good. lol.

Last edited:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
^just because something shares the same characteristics doesn't make it the exodus. the exodus is a clone only. genetically unique. yeah of course you will get similar stuff in crosses or s1s or whatever but that doesn't make it cheese. just makes it a cross.

if everyone had those sentiments what would be the point in clone only strains or elites?

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
sorry for the shitty pics - all plants are in recycled organic living soil

the 1 tooth 2 tooth serration is visible in the lower left leaf mid finger mid way into the leaf

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bunch of em in the front of this garden

picture.php