What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Cheese.. Difference between Exodus and Brightside cuts..

S

SPG*

^ya need to get this bro :)

[f2]

I had BB's cheese in 2007 i think.Nothing Special.Wasnt that impressed,ok tho.

WG!!?

Last edited:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey frankenstein2, I'm a cheesehead not a real cheese expert lol but if you want the pure cheese in seedform Exo Cheese (UK S1s) is the way to go from what I've been seeing. My only ? was if it was a verified "Brightside" cut (original Exodus Cheese scary super stinky cut) or if 1 of the others cuts flying under the label of UK Cheese (less smelly but almost spot on) was used for that project since I saw this thread pop up and got me thinking again.

BB's Cheese is gonna be just like the 1st cheese that GH was offering to the public not the Exo. GH actually used to make the cheese for BB. Can you tell me any differences you noticed while growing those 2 cheese strains from GH? I've only grown the BB's Cheese sold both by BB and GH at the time. It was great don't get my wrong but I want to see how raw the UK Cheese funk really is :). Take care 1

Bakeaked

hmm seems similar to what im working with at the moment and the stench is something else. my road stinks when cops fly over head i dont worry about them seeing the heat, i worry about them smelling it. i got it as an unknown clone and christ it was not what i was expecting, however with a fair amount of training and cut backs in vegging state i should get 9ish dry oz of the dankest dankage all in hench cola :) but will not be growing again due to the ridiculous smell haha

W

WavyGravy

Remember the original one had thin red woody stems and had hardly any upwards growth grew outwards total bush style. Not the greatest of yielders due to lack of upwards growth wanted to grow multiple smaller buds. Closest I've seen since in structure is the Suicide Cheese but that didn't have half as much smell or strength.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Remember the original one had thin red woody stems and had hardly any upwards growth grew outwards total bush style. Not the greatest of yielders due to lack of upwards growth wanted to grow multiple smaller buds. Closest I've seen since in structure is the Suicide Cheese but that didn't have half as much smell or strength.

The yield wasn't too bad if you let it goo long enough... too many people cut it down at 8 weeks. I mean the yield wasn't like critical mass, but for a potent flavoursome weed, the yield wasn't terrible.
Sour bubble, now there's a great weed with a poor yield.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
I doubt very much that gh seeds even seen the real exo before. I doubt that. probably another knockoff.

I pretty sure mine is legit.. same leaves same structure and double serrations etc.
seems like the Brightside is the benchmark cut but im sure theres plenty around. they probably gave out quite a few which got passed on.

S

stix~

here's a BB cheese showing that leaf thing fwiw... one out of six :biggrin: ,, her sisters dont have that leaf thing at all ...

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
ah ok.. tbh the only good things ive heard coming from gh is the super lemon haze. if they got the clone I guess the s1 must be fairy good aswell..

S

SPG*

The little yielding bud looks "totally as I remember (re:^^^) " the structure too although the pic of One here looks pot bound and so maybe Vigorous/stretchy
That,I remember it wasn't!
Re

"^Looking on the right hand side higher up i CAN see red stems"
Maybe other(growing)factors play a part here on that (?!)

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Could be, it looks like it was grown in cramped conditions. If it had space it would be flopping around all over the shop. The stems sure look spindly like I remember.

window

Veteran
Yes she was root bound and also topped.
I will post more recent pics this weekend as I do not own a cam and need to borrow my mates.
I've had her years and she has all the traits you lot speak of, red zig zag stem, double serrations and a stink that carbon filters struggle to contain.:biggrin:

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
heres mine

52dc054d30dc3c06f62ef8405b2a887a_1214284.jpg

57d3aad337ec6928b7c207483735df49_1214276.jpg

360a975554b798d7d8f85229edabb0d9_1214278.jpg
mine are quite spindly and the ones in flower are definitely viney but multiple toppings has kept them all bushy. stems.. dunno why it turned sideways..

Last edited:

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
Hey frankenstein2, I'm a cheesehead not a real cheese expert lol but if you want the pure cheese in seedform Exo Cheese (UK S1s) is the way to go from what I've been seeing. My only ? was if it was a verified "Brightside" cut (original Exodus Cheese scary super stinky cut) or if 1 of the others cuts flying under the label of UK Cheese (less smelly but almost spot on) was used for that project since I saw this thread pop up and got me thinking again.

BB's Cheese is gonna be just like the 1st cheese that GH was offering to the public not the Exo. GH actually used to make the cheese for BB. Can you tell me any differences you noticed while growing those 2 cheese strains from GH? I've only grown the BB's Cheese sold both by BB and GH at the time. It was great don't get my wrong but I want to see how raw the UK Cheese funk really is :). Take care 1

The "cheese" from ghs was a stinky, skunky plant. It had a distinct smell which I know now is the cheese smell. It made smaller nugs that were super greasy. the high from it was like taking opiates, all relaxed and feeling good about yourself. Life was just better after puffin' it. It only took 8 weeks to finish(early October outside). The exodus from ghs was different than their cheese. Took forever to flower outside. I picked it on Halloween and it still could have went longer. It carried the cheese smell, but nowhere near as much as the plain cheese from them. I personally liked the plain old cheese from them better. I'm gonna grow them both again this year and see what's really up with multiple seed plants of both strains. Both strains didn't really make huge buds. In retrospect though, long before I came to this site, I had a buddy that had some big buddah cheese and the buds were huge and it stunk, big time. That's pretty much why I asked my initial question, I'm looking for a cheese that makes normal/large size buds, and still carries the funk of the cheese.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey frankenstein2, if you do a grow log of those i'd like to follow along. GL with that also. I think the BB's Cheese would be the 1 to get if you wanted a general cheese smell with larger yields (heard some phenos put the weight on) than the UK Cheese. I did quite enjoy the BB's Cheese when I grew it a few years back.

I love funky super stinky strains (as well as fruity types and everything between). I've been on a hunt for real RKS for years and love Skunk so Cheese is right up there. Out of all the cuts of UK Cheese floating around, i'd be after the 1 people are scared to grow because of the stink (which so far Brightside fits this bill, also the really low yielding red stem 1 sounds interesting). Being from the US and not well connected I've never had real UK Cheese but this what I search for and hopefully am successful in the near future. Maybe 1 day we could get a few of these cheese cuts gene tested and end the debate on who is the original UK Cheese! Til then i'm after the best thing out now :), which available to me would be the Exo Cheese (based on my research).

Anyone got anymore pics of their UK Cheese? I've always liked the look of it with the foxtail stacked calyxes. Ya'll take care 1

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Yo Kant C Shyt and frankenstein, I know you said you want a pure cheese rather than hybrid but I'd have a look at CSG Cheese Dog.

They used brightside's cheese cut hit with a chem bx2 boy so you're bound to find a cheese pheno that represents the proper cut if you run enough. I've just popped ten so will let you know how I get on.

Who knows whether other breeders use the proper cut... if you believe bigbuddha their cheese is an s1 of cheese x afghan backcrossed a couple of times. The original cut doesn't produce viable pollen when selfed so they couldn't sell straight s1s. Cheese x NL (nelly) is a straight hybrid and that's more like the original than any bigbuddha version I've seen.

Peace

S

SPG*

Yea papaduc :D (rap too?! Thinking 8mile lol) The whiff mate is noticeably more than anything (I've ever had,and same for many,sure)
You need to Experience her for a Clear Perception

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts