What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Cheese.. Difference between Exodus and Brightside cuts..

OG.Gotti

Veteran
Wanted to see if someone could explain the differences between the 2 cuts of UK Cheese.. Thx for any info...

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brightsides cheese has a couple of traits that no other clone has,,,the only problem is that it's a major liability, risk factors go through the roof and the yeald is pretty low,

It has a strong skunk-blackberry flavour that can't be contained,,, ya need to wrap it in a friggin 100% airlock just to travel with it, an don't let the fuker touch anything, just building a joint in a closed toilet cubicle is a bad idea, 24 hours later someone will comment on how the toilet stinks of weed, just getting it on your fingers is an advertisement,,,,liability levels are ridiculous!

If you get it dialed in, it tastes like the best black hash the world has ever seen, cold temps with air-extracted lights are a must for this trait to show

The main unique trait is the stink and strong smoke flavour , it sticks to everything, even your breath screams skunk, talking directly at people becomes a problem,

I smoked a joint in an old guys house once, I was caring for him, he said,, "don't worry rick, smoke it inside, it's cold out there,",,, big mistake,, his relatives came round 3 days later and could still smell it, an it was not a faint smell, the ambient smell was still very strong with skunk!,, nothing else can do that!

Oh yeh,,,it's an IBL too,,, everything else is probably not an IBL

An one more thing,,, brightside used to chill at haze manor,,, so if we are talking about degrees from the exodus crew, brightsides cheese is 1 degree from the source

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A word of warning,, if you want to grow brightsides cheese, make sure all surrounding people are cool with you, everyone in close proximity will know what's happening or atleast be able to guess, b`s cheese can seriously walk through walls, smoke joints away from your grow op, opening windows after smoking one spliff is a street sign, if you gota open your door to to a meter reader, think twice

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
A word of warning,, if you want to grow brightsides cheese, make sure all surrounding people are cool with you, everyone in close proximity will know what's happening or atleast be able to guess, b`s cheese can seriously walk through walls, smoke joints away from your grow op, opening windows after smoking one spliff is a street sign, if you gota open your door to to a meter reader, think twice

This^^^^^^
It is a reeker.
I had grown for some time without a carbon filter, various strains, the cellar stank, but the house was cool, not so with the Cheese, it came up through the floor and stank up the whole street.
Needless to say, a filter was purchased in short order.

mack 10

Veteran
Cheese clone, IBL? please explain.

@harry, Ah the old, "it wont be that bad" lol,

I've had to use x2 8"Rhino pro's! and the last week is just a joke.

harry74

Veteran
Hello:

I´m actually growing indoors and I´ve got no carbón filter.

I use ONA gel&spray for odor control.
Even if you have carbón filter the spray is quite Handy, specially the last weeks of flowering.

You can spray around before someone comes in....
Smells kind of aseptic:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brightsides Cheese is a pure skunk, skunk is an IBL,,,so there for the cheese is an IBL individual,,

S

SPG*

^ Second that Hg.Er

Brightside's Is the true Exodus cut (sure)..
" The "true" cheese "

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
We refer to the original cheese cut on here as brightside's cheese as brightside passed it out pre-hype and his cut can be traced back to exodus. The guy that introduced the cheese cut to exodus spoke about a cross brightside did with the cut.

Lots of cuts that aren't the real deal are referred to as exodus cheese but if you got brightside's you know it's legit.

Peace

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Cheese clone, IBL? please explain.

@harry, Ah the old, "it wont be that bad" lol,

I've had to use x2 8"Rhino pro's! and the last week is just a joke.

It's the way the smell changes that gets me...it's going along with lots of yummy fruit and a bit of pine, then suddenly the burning rubber funk kicks in........

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High to all!! Good to hear this again, i didnt remember at all that it was the same cut..^^

Exodus is as Englishrick said, a stincker héhé, wow even a single clone is stinking, the walls cant do anything to protect, and i was even not able to smoke inside :biggrin: So strong ^^

Happy that i did a clone on the last run, it was a long time héhé!!

Sorry for the poor leaves on the pics..

picture.php

Vibes!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
B's Cheese nearly allways has leaves like that at the end if you have pushed it,,,,nothing wrong with that,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The guy that introduced the cheese cut to exodus spoke about a cross brightside did with the cut.

Peace

Please explain,,,do you know B?, I know B in real life,, i actually knew B before I joined Icmag,, we have spoken alot about the cheese , this is news to me

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Yo rick, this was posted on that UK forum by ofthehill, the guy that brought cheese to Exodus:

cf said:
I know plenty of crosses came off the cheese (one called 'back to the cheese' and one crossed with soemthing with either 33 or 36 in the name) but to be honest I never rated any of the crosses that I smoked.

brightside posted this years ago in 2004:

Wow Hippo – a man could get jealous!!!

I am currently working with – (All on Soil ‘cause I am a ‘pot lifter’)

Cheeze (an old time skunk clone I got from Haz Manor - As featured on BBC2 ‘living with the enemy’!)
‘39’ (my own Cheeze 1st back cross clone – AKA back-to-the-cheeze)

Peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's weird,,,i wonder who that offthehill guy is,,,i seriously doubt it's the guy who introduced it to haze manor,

if you notice in the Uk clone only thread I listed "Back to Cheese", the crazy thing is,,, B never really spoke about it and he never passed it out,,,i only listed it in the Uk clone only thread because i smoked a joint with B and he told me about this "back to cheese " he did,,,,i don't think he ever realy promoted his cross atall

S

SPG*

^^ My "altered" bs cheese pic of old.The Smell/taste is spot on with what the vastly different looking Original one Smelt like although a little Muted.

Think this could be the cross you talked about Piff (^)?

Last edited:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
People only ever started calling it the Brightside cut when certain people with intentions of making money popped up with another clone, then more did the same. Brightside was spreading it long before the pretenders.

Brightside definitely spoke to me about his bx project, I think he even called it back to the cheese. I remember because it was when Big Budda brought his out, Brightside mentioned that he'd been working on a bx.

I think that ofthehill was the legendary "Guy from the Chilterns" who planted those fateful Sensi Skunk seeds.