What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK bad wind storm

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
That does sound particularly nasty. Hunker down!

Winter is being a bitch for many of us this year. I just had to unclog my backyard sliding glass door and shovel a path for the dog because of the 6" of new snow overnight.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Things aren't going well - 122 mph winds, hope everything will be OK for Gypsy and family, gmt and all the other UK ICMag family members. :grouphug:
London on RED alert for Storm Eunice: Now Met Office issues most extreme weather warning for capital | Daily Mail Online

Storm Eunice claims first two victims: Driver in Hampshire becomes second to die after his car is crushed by tree as 122MPH tempest rips apart The O2 and topples church spires as it leaves trail of destruction in its wake
  • Top wind speed of 122mph is provisionally highest gust ever in England - even higher than 1987 Great Storm
  • Met Office warns of 'flying debris resulting in danger to life', 'roofs blown off' and power lines down
  • Hundreds of schools close, all trains in Wales suspended and rail passengers in England told not to travel
  • British Airways cancels dozens of flights and major attractions including London Eye and Legoland close

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very old tree uprooted and fell luckily onto the roof of a three story block of flats near us,,,,
Nobody hurt luckily enough,,,,
don’t know where the owners stand on insurance for a natural disaster?

Cuddles

it´s been really bad here too. but tonight and weekend is suppose to be even worse - I´m told that winds will be at an estimated 160km/h .
The ones we´ve been having so far were at around 120.
I´ve just moved the stuff that´s usually on my balcony inside.

Luckily I went to the shops on monday instead of wed or thursday this week. PHEW!!!

Cuddles

Very old tree uprooted and fell luckily onto the roof of a three story block of flats near us,,,,
Nobody hurt luckily enough,,,,
don’t know where the owners stand on insurance for a natural disaster?

I´m surprised the trees near me are still okay so far.
Storms in previous year have killed off at least two trees, one at our street corner and the other one right in front of our building - that one landed right on a car. I remember thinking SHIT that could have been mine (if I still had one, because that´s kinda where I used to park)
but who knows what´s coming now...

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I´m surprised the trees near me are still okay so far.
Storms in previous year have killed off at least two trees, one at our street corner and the other one right in front of our building - that one landed right on a car. I remember thinking SHIT that could have been mine (if I still had one, because that´s kinda where I used to park)
but who knows what´s coming now...
I’m near a big forest so gonna keep the dog out the woods,,
we have a number of “ listed” trees near ours including a very old White Willow but they all see fine at the moment ,
Fingers crossed,,makes me sad seeing healthy trees downed,,,,s2

Cuddles

I’m near a big forest so gonna keep the dog out the woods,,
we have a number of “ listed” trees near ours including a very old White Willow but they all see fine at the moment ,
Fingers crossed,,makes me sad seeing healthy trees downed,,,,s2

I watched some BBC news just now and the footage looked pretty serious indeed. Like those wonderful trees tipping over, very sad :(

El Timbo

e3503077-98ea-4b4b-ac5d-bc4faf36281a.jpg

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I watched some BBC news just now and the footage looked pretty serious indeed. Like those wonderful trees tipping over, very sad :(

Just this morning,,
A gorgeous old cherry blossom in full bloom,,,
Down and roots ripped out ,,,
Such a shame,,,,

Cuddles

Just this morning,,
A gorgeous old cherry blossom in full bloom,,,
Down and roots ripped out ,,,
Such a shame,,,,

local news coverage over here was the same this week. At least one person died when a tree fell onto him :(
I went to bed late at around 11.30 pm and the storm last didn´t seem as bad as the previous weeks but who knows what happened after I fell asleep and what´s still to come?
Weather is a bit strange today. we even had some blue sky and sunshine on and off and in betwwen it goes all dark again.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
local news coverage over here was the same this week. At least one person died when a tree fell onto him :(
I went to bed late at around 11.30 pm and the storm last didn´t seem as bad as the previous weeks but who knows what happened after I fell asleep and what´s still to come?
Weather is a bit strange today. we even had some blue sky and sunshine on and off and in betwwen it goes all dark again.
Much colder but storm not as bad as yesterday but early days yet,
Just looks devastated in the forest ,,,,
Trees that stood for maybe hundreds of years back to Henry 8th when he would hunt here,,,
Quite upsetting to see huge old trees finished,,,
Always feel similar when I cut a healthy but finished crop down,,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts