What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC on Fox 7: Henderson vs. Melendez

UFC on Fox 7: Henderson vs. Melendez

• Benson Henderson

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Gilbert Melendez

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

blue green

Benson Henderson- Champion- LAME
GSP- Champion- LAME

Ok, ok, they are great martial artists, but they don't fight.... i only enjoy watching the fighters that would rather lose than eek out a judges decision, but whatevs, i'm LAME myself...

Ickis

Veteran
There is no way Melendez lost that fight. This is at least the second win they just gave Henderson. He lost the last fight to Edgar and maybe the first.

UFC is losing me with these boxing like bad decisions.

B

blue green

There is no way Melendez lost that fight. This is at least the second win they just gave Henderson. He lost the last fight to Edgar and maybe the first.

It looked to me like they pretty much both did zero damage? Great 'fight'?

Quentin Jackson said 'This is supposed to be the Ultimate Fighter, not the Ultimate Elusive Dude'. :)

RetroGrow

Veteran

I wouldn't say they "gave" it to him. It was a close fight, with no clear dominance on either side. Pretty evenly matched fighters. Decisions are always a bummer. We all want to see a knockout/submission. But at least it wasn't as boring as the heavyweight fight.

B

blue green

Maybe Dana and crew need to think of some kind of penalty or deterent for fighters cruising to a judges decision win?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Maybe Dana and crew need to think of some kind of penalty or deterent for fighters cruising to a judges decision win?

Well, they could just fight 'till only one man's standing, like the old time boxers did. I would like to see all fights 5 rounds....

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Good UFC all round :good:
Benson didn't dominate the fight but his Head Strikes and Leg Kicks were much higher in total than Gilbert's points. Gilbert needed a submission or knock out to win that fight, Benson out struck him. Good fights for sure.
That shin to head on Diaz was a freaking ripper :yoinks:

G

GreenPlant

Happened again imo! Although Extremely close Melendez won that!?

Henderson V edgar 2! like they say.
Dont leave the outcome in the hands of the judges!
Edgar Clearly won that.Crowd Booed like ****

NC1 tho BH :) Not that your likely to be Smoking GANJ
Yo Nick Diaz :smoke:
np,

Latest posts

Latest posts