What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC 162

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
so I see this as all Anderson

the UFC hype machine can try and say a bunch of words, but Anderson will come out and finish him in the 2-3

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree but Weidman stands a chance if goes Sonnen style on him. Wrestling is a weakness for Silva and a strength for Weidman.

I have this fight on tv, no crappy pc hack stream this time. Hope Weidman can at least make a fight of it.

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
ate a few edibles at UFC 161 was thinkin I wish UFC had a tag team match , with a combined team weight , so u could have a skinny guy and a fat guy , hahaha

oh if silva loses u guys can choose my avi for a month .last time I bet I lost , but pretty . pretty sure on this 1 .

TS

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Agree but Weidman stands a chance if goes Sonnen style on him. Wrestling is a weakness for Silva and a strength for Weidman.

You can take the Spider down as Sonnen proved but can you damage him on the ground? Silva is very big and strong for his weight class, stronger than Sonnen, and with his BJJ was able to avoid most of the shots while on his back.

Ive never seen weidman fight but from the tape he's as tall as Silva so he's bigger and presumably stronger than Sonnen. I usually tend to root for the underdog and with a name like Weidman how can you not root for this guy?

T

trichster

Silva by KO 1st rd
Edgar by decision
Munoz by decision
Swanson by KO 2nd rd
Gracie by Sub 1st rd
Leben by TKO 3rd rd

a lot of fuss about wideman taking the belt from Anderson....

so here is my opinion ....

I´ve trained in Chuteboxe, I´ve seen grate names train, Sakurada, Cyborg, Wanderlei...he was my neighbour, i´ve gone to shogun´s academy, i´ve seen macaco, pelé landi, and a LOT of top fighters train, I live in Curitiba Brazil, known as the home of many fighters.

I´ve been a fan o MMA since it was not MMA it used to be Vale Tudo!
Ive seen lots of fighters with awsome skills. That said, I have to say a couple of things....

Is Anderson Silva the best the stand up game ( muay thai, karate, tae kwond do) ? NO, he is not....
Is anderson the best at ground game? NO , he is not.... but there is no person who mixes up like he does! Anderson has an awsome fighting technique, he is unpredictable, he is fast, he is big, and he is strong.....

lets not forget, Anderson is a black belt at BJJ , he trains with big guys, like Werdum, so, to say he will lose because of wrestling is a bit silly IMHO, a BJJ purple belts feel completely at home when fighting on the ground, imagine an experienced black belt fighter like anderson .....

wideman is an awsome fight....but he won´t be champ....not this time.... I think everyone is chearing for wideman, because Anderson simply doesn´t have anyone fo fight against.... he beat all contenders, and wideman as former strikeforce champ got the chance to do a title shot fight.... I hope we as spectators, see a war between these 2 lions, but after seing what anderso did with Belfort, verry dangerous oponent, Demian Maia...verry dangerous fighter... Id say Anderson will win with TKO 1st or 2nd round....

He is diferent, he fights on another level....

ATROPELA ANDERSONNNNNN
Vai Brasil!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts