What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen

UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen

• Jon Jones

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Chael Sonnen

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very weird frigging night :nono:
2 fights stopped :dunno:
Sonnen is going to learn the meaning of being smashed :D

Manstien

Gegard Mousasi vs Jon Jones will be a match on the level of Crocop vs Fedor..... Gegard is one of the most skilled fighters in the game. this is a true super-fight, no hype involved. but now Chael .... bla ..

RetroGrow

Veteran
Well, Chael looked very mediocre, as his record implies. Not even a fight, really. Just hype & a paycheck.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Chael got smashed, as expected, but if the fight had of not been stopped when it did, it would of been when the ref saw this...
picture.php

:yoinks: Holy Shit :yoinks:

dbuzz

Veteran
Very weird frigging night :nono:
2 fights stopped :dunno:
Sonnen is going to learn the meaning of being smashed :D

weird night for sure. interested to know how jones ripped his toe off. that's all rogan was talking about. i think chael bit it off or something. :laughing:

also funny when buffer announced jim miller as the winner after he got choked out.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Man they just showed the video footage of jones breaking his toe :faint:
Farking Hell :yoinks:

B

blue green

I have been a Jones fan since i first saw him in his 'loss' to Matt Hamill.

He looks like he could be a choir boy, but he is tough.

He didn't tap when Vitor had his arm half broken and he didn't even feel his broken foot. lol

B

blue green

And Jon Jones' comment, :biglaugh:

“When the fight was over, I saw blood. Then, I looked closer and realized that my toe was pretty much upside down, but it’s all good,”

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
picture.php

:D Roy is always a crowd favourite, can't wait to see him battle Mark Hunt, in fact I'd like to see "Big Country" go all the way to a Title shot against Cain :good:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
picture.php

The look on Kongo's face is priceless, like "No don't eat me!!" and so is the look on Joe Rogan's face :yoinks:

RetroGrow

Veteran
View Image

The look on Kongo's face is priceless, like "No don't eat me!!" and so is the look on Joe Rogan's face :yoinks:

Ha, ha! I don't see how Roy does it, carrying all that extra fat. It seems like if he were cut, he could fight at light heavyweight. The extra pounds don't seem to hurt him for unknown reasons. He is an enigma. Even his arms don't look muscular. The polar opposite of Congo.

B

blue green

He must get all of his weight into his punches somehow?

I wonder if he would lose his power if he lost weight, like Samson's hair?

G

GreenPlant

Chael got smashed, as expected, but if the fight had of not been stopped when it did, it would of been when the ref saw this...
View Image

:yoinks: Holy Shit :yoinks:

Eye popping injury!

Shows that anything can happen during these fights.Some refs would of let Chael defend himself a bit longer.As Dana said another 20 seconds and Chael would of been world champ!
A Travesty if that'd of happened :smoke:

Luv Big Country :D.possible Cormiea for him nxt!

"That dudes well strong.E.g. Turned frank Mir onto the cage any time he liked!"