What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar

UFC 156: Aldo vs. Edgar

• Jose Aldo

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Frankie Edgar

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deftoner

that felt good watching overeem the cheat get blasted to orbit.....reality check asswhole "the ground hits back" :):)

RetroGrow

Veteran
The faces of the fighters told the story. Frankie was busted up, Jose unmarked.
All Brazil tonight.....

B

Bag

reemsleepy.gif

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I might be high, but your punk boy just got his ass kicked. LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!
In your face!

my punk boy?

Overeem is not anywhere close to my boy, or one of my favorite fighters

haha, I just pointed out how he was not always big, cause you seemed to think he always was this big, when he clearly wasn't, cause you know, that was a middle weight grand prix, not a HW one

but :thank you: for thinking I have friends

E

ekomsi

What up Fellas looks like this tread finally got some attention.
I smoked over a half gram of Earwax out of my GPEN while watching UFC 156 live inside the Mandalay Bay event center, got fucking trashed! I took my brother who just so happens to be a patient of mine to the event, his bday is in a couple weeks and I needed a side kick so Happy Bday bro.
We had great seats for under face value, lots of people giving away tickets for cheap right out side the doors befoe the main card starts.
I just got back from 4 days in vegas and let me tell you the UFC was the highlight, I think I had the most fun out of everyone in the mandalay bay,
The place went NUTS when Big Foot KNOCKED OUT Overeem, that was no TKO lol. I will say the judges fucked up a few decsions imo, I thought Ian Mccall and the brazillan dude that beat up Evan Dunham both got robbed and should have won their decsions.
Im glad my #2 Fav fighter kept his belt that was a tough fight but Im kinda sad because by the main event my vision was a little blured lol either way I had the time of my life and will never miss a chance to go to a UFC event live.

It would be funny to see Overeem cry like a baby with his arm looking like a crumpled cigarette....

However, i think he will prevail. Along with Evans, Fitch and maybe Edgar.

(Aldo hasn't looked very spectacular since joining the UFC, has he?)

Thanks again, Bongjangles. :)

Dude you have no idea what your talking about. You didnt pick a single winner lol Aldo is the second or third best fighter in the world undisputable.

What is everyone smoking tonight for the events? 6 month cured SSH outdoor here.....I don't even smoke anymore I think I'm going to be tweaking out for the fights.....ENJOY PPL!!!!

We smoked a lot of BHO inside the UFC Event sitting in our seats, fuck I smoked my GPEN loaded with ear wax the whole time I was in VEGAS, even had the balls to smoke at the BJ tables lol everyone thinks its a ECIG as long as you dont blow it in someones face they have no idea.

E

ekomsi

It didnt suck, they both had a lot of respect for each other, it was better then the evans and lill nog fight, I didnt want the aldo and edgar fight to end it needed a few more rounds lol.

RetroGrow

Veteran
my punk boy?

Overeem is not anywhere close to my boy, or one of my favorite fighters

haha, I just pointed out how he was not always big, cause you seemed to think he always was this big, when he clearly wasn't, cause you know, that was a middle weight grand prix, not a HW one

but :thank you: for thinking I have friends

I know he wasn't pumped up with roids then, but in Pride, they had open weight classes-in other words any weight against any weight. Anyway, anyway a smaller Rua destroyed him twice. A younger Rua would have destroyed John Jones, or a Rua Vs John Jones by Pride rules would result in Jones death. Anyway, I want to see Rua fight Jones again. I know he could beat him, even though he is old now, by fighting standards.

B

blue green

Dude you have no idea what your talking about. You didnt pick a single winner lol Aldo is the second or third best fighter in the world undisputable.

We smoked a lot of BHO inside the UFC Event sitting in our seats, fuck I smoked my GPEN loaded with ear wax the whole time I was in VEGAS, even had the balls to smoke at the BJ tables lol everyone thinks its a ECIG as long as you dont blow it in someones face they have no idea.

Lol, yes it was a bad tipping day....

Well, i'll dispute your undisputable comment anyway, Sure, he's good, but i haven't been very impressed from what i have seen in the UFC so far....

I don't think he's on the level of Anderson or Jon Jones, but might be in the 'mix' of choices for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th....

But whatevs, he of great wisdom and swolen rocks .... :tiphat:

B

blue green

I know he wasn't pumped up with roids then, but in Pride, they had open weight classes-in other words any weight against any weight. Anyway, anyway a smaller Rua destroyed him twice. A younger Rua would have destroyed John Jones, or a Rua Vs John Jones by Pride rules would result in Jones death. Anyway, I want to see Rua fight Jones again. I know he could beat him, even though he is old now, by fighting standards.

Pardon me if i'm wrong, but Rua didn't touch him once, did he?

What did you see in that match that would suggest he could even challenge Jon? It looked like a bad mismatch to me?

RetroGrow

Veteran
Pardon me if i'm wrong, but Rua didn't touch him once, did he?

What did you see in that match that would suggest he could even challenge Jon? It looked like a bad mismatch to me?

Rua almost had him early. He almost tapped him out with an arm bar, injuring Jone's elbow in the process, but Jones held on and persevered, but his elbow was damaged. Rua is older now and past his prime, but put up an impressive win in his last fight in Brazil. He looked like his old self, and called out Jones after the fight. He is smaller than Jones, but in Pride, he was always fighting and beating bigger guys. Different rules though. More brutal and more "street". Soccer kicks to the head against a downed opponent were permitted, and he was master at that. Knees to the head of a downed opponent were also allowed. In a street fight, I'm sure he could beat Jones. A lot of those fights are online. You can see him destroy a bigger Overeem twice.