What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC 131: Dos Santos vs. Carwin

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Was hoping to see Dos Santos floor Lesnar. That whiny, nasal "I hate to lose... chicken salad chicken shit" :puke:

My boy Carwin will have his hands full. Hard to pick between the two, like em both. Guess I'll have to go with the home boy but I still like Junior.

But I'd flat kick Florian's ass, don't like him a bit.

M

merlot

Eating my words there!! Carwin took some punishment the first round!

Did you see Dos Santos look at the ref and ask whats up while he was pummeling Carwin?

Dayyyyum! Some awesome brawls tonight.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Carwin was hamburger after the first round. He's got guts. Not much in the way of skills or quickness, but he's got heart.

Billy Jack

Surprisingly great card tonight, thanks to a lot more depth to the talent pool at the UFC. Some interesting match-ups arise from tonight's victories. Thanks everyone...I can't wait for the next one.

Forest20

ICmag's Official Black Guy
Veteran
Was it me but did Carwin look weaker in his stand up. Where is all his power we heard about all year. dropping weight did not help one bit... Cain v. Dos Santos....I believe Cain has more power striking then Carwin now. Can we say that Mir and Lesnar are now the next contenders for the belt?

Ramius

Veteran
Carwin does seem to have lost some power in his punches no matter what his camp says about him being twice at strong as before even with the cut. No doubt his cardio has greatly improved though. Enjoyed the fight overall, big credit to Carwin for sticking in there.

JDS is a serious threat to Cain, can't wait for that fight to happen

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Carwin's name was implicated in a steroid investigation last year; guess he stopped juicing, got smaller and weaker as a result. Looks like he got slower too. Cardio was improved but he had no power in the second and third rounds. If anything, JDS looked bigger and stronger than him, even though at weigh-in he supposedly had a 15lb advantage over JDS...

M

Marathanman

Surprised it didnt get stopped in the first round. Carwin was never going to recover from a beating like that. Still rate velasquez as number 1.

WasntMe

looking forward to UFC 137 GSP vs Nick Diaz .... that will be a great fight to watch no matter what happens.

FlaDankster

Veteran
I still can't believe Stout knocked out Eve.Thats the way it goes though.Sam stout is pretty good but i don't feel he's on the same level as edwards.

Wasntme.....i'm with you on the GSP an Diaz fight.The brothers get alot of hate but i like them.Who do you like in that one?

Latest posts

Latest posts